Speculation ThaiSweetChili's annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer15 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched that clip, (cheers Foxy),bloody hell he can't half hit the ball with his left or right foot. I would draw a comparison with Bobby Charlton for the sheer power he generates. I just hope all the speculation is true and he signs for us.

If the rest of our fans who can get to matches see that clip they will be yelling 'Shooot!' every time he gets the ball. There is a strong possibility that he could score a lot of goals though IF he is always that accurate.

The problem with these showreels is they do not show the 100 shots 'Huuume!' style that end up in Row Z!

I refuse to watch YouTube videos of potential signings after Hossein Kaebi...

If the rest of our fans who can get to matches see that clip they will be yelling 'Shooot!' every time he gets the ball. There is a strong possibility that he could score a lot of goals though IF he is always that accurate.

The problem with these showreels is they do not show the 100 shots 'Huuume!' style that end up in Row Z!
I hate to put a dampener on all of this but he has not exactly been prolific in Italy. Averages only 3 or 4 in a season.

I see healthy competition for Drinkwater that will hopefully push him up a few levels rather than anything close to a replacement for Cambiasso.

Maybe I'm missing something.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

But if he can put a keeper under pressure from distance it gives our strikers opportunities to latch on to a keeper spill as well as pulling the centre backs out towards him creating more space behind for Mahrez and co.

From the Guardian:

Leicester City have agreed a deal with Napoli to sign the midfielder Gokhan Inler for £5m. Claudio Ranieri has been looking to replace Esteban Cambiasso at the heart of his midfield, and convinced Inler to come to the Premier League rather than joining Schalke or Besiktas, who were also interested in the 31-year old.

The Swiss international has spent the last four years at Napoli, playing more than a 100 league games for the Serie A side and captained Switzerland at last year’s World Cup.
Cambiasso played an important role in keeping Leicester in the Premier League last season under Nigel Pearson but Ranieri was unable to convince the Argentinian to sign a new contract and he subsequently joined Olympiakos. Ranieri said in early August about Cambiasso: “He is a team leader and if he doesn’t come I need another team leader.”

Leicester won their opening game of the Premier League season, beating Sunderland 4-2, and take on West Ham United on Saturday afternoon. Inler will not join in time to face the Hammers but is expected to undergo a medical and sign his contract in the next few days.

I don't understand why if you're not blindly optimistic you're being overly negative. I think he will no doubt be an improvement on what we have but he clearly isn't the same player he was 2-3 years ago or he would never be coming here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566