Speculation ThaiSweetChili's annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer15 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh

INLER’S LEICESTER DEAL HITS SNAG

Leicester's pursuit of Napoli midfielder Gokhan Inler has hit a snag, according to Sky sources.

We understand a medical is not imminent and the deal has been described as "complex" because of a number of "interested parties."

This morning BBC Radio Leicester have reported he is understood to have had a medical yesterday and will be signing today.

It would appear that Inler is dragging his feet in the hope that someone else will come in for him at the last minute. I'd rather city withdrew their offer and left him on the bench at Napoli.

It would appear that Inler is dragging his feet in the hope that someone else will come in for him at the last minute. I'd rather city withdrew their offer and left him on the bench at Napoli.

Bakayogo had no hesitation in signing, perhaps that's the level we should be looking at?

Personally I want to see players who think they are better than us, it's the only way we will improve.

Possibly the other 'interested parties' are all the financial hoops that are involved, and he loves us really....

FOXES NEAR INLER DEAL

Leicester are closing in on the £5m signing of Napoli midfielder Gokhan Inler. Sky sources understand the player passed a medical in Leicester yesterday and has agreed personal terms with the club.

The deal, which has been complicated because there are several parties with a financial interest in him, still has some formalities to complete.

However, we believe the Foxes are hopeful of completing the signing in the next 24 hours.

He's owned by (I believe) four agents who all have to be satisfied with their share so I believe this is probably (logistically) quite complicated.

This morning BBC Radio Leicester have reported he is understood to have had a medical yesterday and will be signing today.

I think that particular 'story' is just old news re-spun...must be a slow news day.

On the subject of Balotelli: Given Ranieri's recent comments it wouldn't surprise me if we are interested, though personally I don't think it would be a good move for us.

Perhaps a loan where we only pay a percentage of his wages and can send him back would be worth a try, and an option to buy in case he comes good.

Though I doubt his ego would allow him to come here.

Rob Dorsett not long tweeted that Inler passed his medical yesterday, personal terms are all agreed, a couple of minor formalities to sort and should be announced in next 24 hours.

Bakayogo had no hesitation in signing, perhaps that's the level we should be looking at?

Personally I want to see players who think they are better than us, it's the only way we will improve.

So in the same vain we shouldn't have signed Mahrez/Huth/Okazaki? Every team signs players that turn out to be a mistake from time to time so using them as an example for not signing players who want to sign for the club is a little short sighted and a totally negative outlook.
I for one think signing players who want to play for the club reduces the risk of upsetting the current squad while also improving the squad.

Napoli midfielder Gokhan Inler is reported to be stalling on a move to Leicester because of interest from other clubs.

It was reported at the start of August that the Foxes had agreed a £3million deal with Napoli for the Switzerland international and were closing in on his signature.

However, Sky Sports claim there are other clubs interested in the 31-year-old, leading to a delay in him deciding whether to join Claudio Ranieri's side, who have won both of their opening Premier League games.

Inler joined Napoli from Udinese in July 2011 and has been capped 83 times by Switzerland.

Foxes coach Kevin Phillips told talkSPORT regarding Inler earlier this week: "I believe there may be something happening this week but that department isn't really down to me.

"We have bought the boy N'Golo Kante in. He came on the other week and did very well, but that is an area we are looking to add maybe one or two more players before the window shuts."

This is the article I read re him playing games with finalising the deal with City.

Napoli midfielder Gokhan Inler is reported to be stalling on a move to Leicester because of interest from other clubs.

I think what's happened here is that it was reported that there were problems with it due to other parties having an interest, and someone writing a story for another site assumed that "other parties" means other clubs want him, when that's not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669