Speculation The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2012 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably a load of bollocks, but a Norwich supporting mate reckons we're after Hoolahan. Him and King in the middle would certainly be an interesting prospect.

Exactly the type of player we need and the one player I'd love to fill that gap.

Exactly the type of player we need and the one player I'd love to fill that gap.

For sure, he'd be fantastic. If we can't get Koren, he'd be the next best thing. In fact, I think he'd probably be much better, but if rumours are true then Pearson seems to have his heart set on Koren and I can't see him bringing in two centre mids without clearing some players off the books; after all, we've already got Drinkwater, Wellens, Danns & King and we usuaully play a 4-4-2 with wingers if possible, which would only leave two spots for a potential six players to fill.

For sure, he'd be fantastic. If we can't get Koren, he'd be the next best thing. In fact, I think he'd probably be much better, but if rumours are true then Pearson seems to have his heart set on Koren and I can't see him bringing in two centre mids without clearing some players off the books; after all, we've already got Drinkwater, Wellens, Danns & King and we usuaully play a 4-4-2 with wingers if possible, which would only leave two spots for a potential six players to fill.

He has played without wingers in the past (or with just one) and used players like Cleverley and Davies on 'the wing'. If he adopts that (and only plays one of Marshall or Dyer at the most) then having five 'central' midfielders competing for three places would be ok.

Koren is a better player than wellens that's a fact. Still want etuhu from fulham to give us some muscle though.

Maybe controversial but would anybody be devastated to see King go? I'm not sure it's a remote possibility but I've lost count of the amount of times he's been invisible in games since that fruitful season from midfield. I'm still hoping he'll be that same player but I'm struggling.

rumour on foxestalk re Vardy, his"friend" says hes signing for us today, wasnt too interested until Bert confirmed he was shown around facilities yesterday

@Fourth_Official
Leicester's first signing of the season; Jamie Vardy from Fleetwood Town, fee believed to be in the region of £750k + add ons #lcfc

Seems like a go-er. Christ knows what he's like, 25 years old and never played above the Conference. But there's been plenty of interest in him from elsewhere and that surely has to mean he has something about him.

We have had an approach for a young Man U fullback rejected. His name is Zeki Fryers and he is supposed to be out of contract in June.

If he's out of contract in June we don't have to approach Man U, we can speak directly to the player.

Granite didn't say we'd approached Man Utd :icon_conf

Maybe the approach was rejected by the player / his agent?

And they got the story from The People, but I can't find it on their site.
There is a story on there from January saying the player had refused to sign a new contract.

Regardless, he could be a decent signing. United are quite keen to keep hold of him but he's rejected contract offers so far. I think he's a left back, very powerful, strong and quick. Could be worth a punt, especially if he doesn't agree terms at United.

I wasn't sure why we would try and do a deal with United if he was a free agent in June, unless we were trying to steal a march on other potential buyers by paying them a little money. Maybe Man U are optimistic of getting him to sign an extension?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669