Speculation The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2012 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't sure why we would try and do a deal with United if he was a free agent in June, unless we were trying to steal a march on other potential buyers by paying them a little money. Maybe Man U are optimistic of getting him to sign an extension?

We'd have to pay for him anyway, even if he's out of contract. He could sign a pre-contract agreement with us now, so there would be no need to go to Man U, unless we were just trying to agree a fee now rather than let it go to a tribunal.

Quiet on here so far... Wheres the wild speculation?!

Rumour on twitter that Gallagher could be off to Ipswich for 750k

Difficult to see Gallagher move there IMO. He's currently commuting between Preston and Leicester and unless they relocate it's a round trip of 500 miles probably 2-3 times a week. On top of that (although improving) he's got his new daughter to think of. Just can't see him going there, but wouldn't rule out a move this summer.

John Voysey‏@brummieagent

#LCFC's Paul Gallagher is considering a 750k move to #ITFC. He believes Ipswich better suit his ambitions to play in the PL. #transfers

Retweeted by BertLcfc

Difficult to see Gallagher move there IMO. He's currently commuting between Preston and Leicester and unless they relocate it's a round trip of 500 miles probably 2-3 times a week. On top of that (although improving) he's got his new daughter to think of. Just can't see him going there, but wouldn't rule out a move this summer.

Does anybody connected to LCFC live in Leicester and is this now the norm at all football clubs? :102:

Does anybody connected to LCFC live in Leicester and is this now the norm at all football clubs? :102:

No, I'm sure most live a reasonable distance from Leicester. There's a difference between reasonable and unreasonable though. 250 miles across country each way at a rough travelling time of 4-5 hours each way probably twice a week is beyond reasonable IMO. There's nothing to say they wouldn't relocate, but with their current situation this seems doubtful.

What do I know though? :icon_lol:

I would have thought so: if one has travelled a couple of hundred miles to get to the training ground and face the same journey home: how much does one exert oneself during a training session?
No, I think it's a good thing, not the travelling itself but the fact that players can live wherever they want to and still play for us. I don't know about Gallagher but I would have thought - if he lives in Preston for family reasons or any reason, really - that it's not a choice between relocating or not relocating, but a choice of either living in Preston and commute to Leicester, or living in Preston and play for, say, Preston.

That means we have a broader scope when looking for players instead of putting "must relocate to Leicester" in our job advert.

Last edited:
No, I think it's a good thing, not the travelling itself but the fact that players can live wherever they want to and still play for us. I don't know about Gallagher but I would have thought - if he lives in Preston for family reasons or any reason, really - that it's not a choice between relocating or not relocating, but a choice of either living in Preston and commute to Leicester, or living in Preston and play for, say, Preston.

That means we have a broader scope when looking for players instead of putting "must relocate to Leicester" in our job advert.

Totally dis-agree.

Did our team look like a team or a collection of individuals ?

Is this helped by a number of players jumping in their cars directly after training & bombing up the motorway ?

So if our owners or NP will not accept players living any further away than say a 25/30 mile radius, would that then explain some of the departures this summer maybe ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669