The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a lot of chatter on various sites (with different levels of voracity) that say we have had a £2million bid for Whittingham accepted. :102:

Let me get this straight. You'll only believe something if the bloke who wrote it was hungry?

Any examples of sites? Any good sources?

Whittingham would be an awesome signing, but I can't see it. I don't think we're going to be spending that much money

Any examples of sites? Any good sources?

Whittingham would be an awesome signing, but I can't see it. I don't think we're going to be spending that much money

It's crap, just got started by a forest fan on one of their boards who "heard it from a lorry driver". He played for them yesterday, if we'd had an offer accepted he wouldn't have been playing.

whittingham and pratley would be amazing signings for us - but i can't see it. i can see us going abroad for any additional signings before the transfer deadline - given Sousa's history with the player's he brought in at swansea.
doesn't look like we have the access to the standard of loanees that we had under Pearson - with his england under 21 connections. hopefully that doesn't hamper us at all (cleverley, vaughan, spearing, davies were all fantastic players for us).

And shoot me - i still think we should stick a cheeky £500k in for heskey with the new owners cash behind it.....

whittingham and pratley would be amazing signings for us - but i can't see it. i can see us going abroad for any additional signings before the transfer deadline - given Sousa's history with the player's he brought in at swansea.
doesn't look like we have the access to the standard of loanees that we had under Pearson - with his england under 21 connections. hopefully that doesn't hamper us at all (cleverley, vaughan, spearing, davies were all fantastic players for us).

And shoot me - i still think we should stick a cheeky £500k in for heskey with the new owners cash behind it.....

Bang.

I'm not really sure where we still need players, but we do need some. I think another striker maybe, someone to rival Howard (although I have no idea who), a more creative/attack minded midfielder, maybe a winger...

Don't think there is too much else we're missing? A replacement for Oakley, as he won't last the season

Last edited:
I think if Tunchev or Vitor are fit, then Moreno is likely to move a little further forward

I agree, which is why I hadn't mentioned Oakley to start with.... but then decided the IF Tunch and Vitor are fit seems to be quite a bit "if", especially for Tunch.

I was going to say another centre back, but almost forgot we had those two. I really hope Tunch does get fit again soon, and isn't done. Hobbs and Tunch with Moreno protecting them would be solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669