The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the prices asked.

I'm not picking on you... and I can see the benefit in keeping your cards close to your chest.. but I've often thought this a fairly shallow argument. It only really becomes the case if the buying club reinforces it by paying over the odds (Man City).

I'm not picking on you... and I can see the benefit in keeping your cards close to your chest.. but I've often thought this a fairly shallow argument. It only really becomes the case if the buying club reinforces it by paying over the odds (Man City).
I've seen both situations at Cardiff in the last 10 years where we've gone from Div 2 having a reserve team worth more than some Championship teams, to last weekend where we couldn't field a full bench of reserves.

The way our orientals are going about their business is far and away better, in the current climate, than publically announcing there's cash to splash. Bills are being paid, Jonesy's targets are being acquired, bums are being out on seats.

I'll be very interested to see what Sousanne does with any money he is given.

How do you know that that isn't keeping his cards close to his chest? He's really got £100 million! :icon_lol:

My mate has told me were after Benjani 'apparently'. BS to me.

So its true then?

Potentially.

I imagine Mandaric keeps in touch with a lot of different agents. I lose track of when Mandaric ceased involvement in Pompey and when Benjani went there, but you can bet MM is made aware of players' availability on an extremely regular basis.

Don't know what to think of it really. Reckon he'd want paying a lot of money. I always thought he was quite a selfish player and very direct, but did seem to have ability and scored some good goals. My concerns would be more over how he'd fit in and affect the balance of the team rather than whether he's good enough.

UPDATE.

Just been chatting to a mate of mine. I'm not sure how much of this to believe myself, but most of it seems feasible.

There is an offer on the table for Whittingham not only from Leicester, but from a few other clubs. Not sure what Cardiff make of it but hasn't been immediately knocked back and presumably its up to the player now (I imagine he has a few options. Lots of rumours of Forest being interested too).

LCFC have been in contact with Portsmouth re: David Nugent. Good player.

Benjani - nothing heard at all. Likely to be just conjecture, but you never know with Milan.

From another source, there are rumours about another player from Pompey - Matt Ritchie... but my mate doesn't know anything about this one. He plays wide left or attacking mid so would expect that if we are interested, Whittingham ain't coming - or perhaps he's the back up. Hope its not at the expense of Dyer in either case.

Any news of Messi coming?

From another source, there are rumours about another player from Pompey - Matt Ritchie... but my mate doesn't know anything about this one. He plays wide left or attacking mid so would expect that if we are interested, Whittingham ain't coming - or perhaps he's the back up. Hope its not at the expense of Dyer in either case.

He's a good little player. Was MOTM behind Fryatt in Dagenham cup game a couple of seasons ago. Since then however he's been on loan at Notts County and Swindon...struggled to make an impact.

we seemed to be linked with left sided midfielders or stikers , perhaps highlighting our needs to strengthen -ie Dyer Howard ( Whittingham Ritchie Nouble Heskey. Personally i will be happier when either Vitor or Tunch are back to allow Moreno to replace Oakley

It will certainly be good to have the option, but I thought Oakley looked good second half against Palace and apparently played well vs Boro so might not be as cut and dry as all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669