The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
**** sake, I really am getting annoyed with these stupid waste of time signings, sign some English players who are experienced and know how to play in the Championship.

Played every game for japan in the world cup, which included a 1-0 win over cameroon, a 3-1 win over denmark, a 1-0 loss to the dutch and a 0-0 draw against paraguay. I remember watching japan againt the danes and they were simply outstanding. I am certain that this lad looked like a pub player though and could barely run without tripping over his laces! I reckon we'd be better off signing someone with potential from league two.

Played every game for japan in the world cup, which included a 1-0 win over cameroon, a 3-1 win over denmark, a 1-0 loss to the dutch and a 0-0 draw against paraguay. I remember watching japan againt the danes and they were simply outstanding. I am certain that this lad looked like a pub player though and could barely run without tripping over his laces! I reckon we'd be better off signing someone with potential from league two.

Well said Micky, why do we want to sign dirty foreigners, they are all shite. Instead lets buy over priced, over rated British players etc....

OH my dear sweet jesus if we can get keisuke honda i might actually cream myself...

cue japanese bukkake jokes. you all agree 'neways

Surely if we make even more new signings with this Thai money we'll have to ship out some of the players we already have won't we?

If, for example, we got some kind of attacking-midfield player, we'd have to get rid of one of the following from either N'Guessen, Dyer, or Gallagher.

If you actually look at our squad now, we have at least two players for every position. I'm not saying all those current players are good enough, but it is the case that numerically, our squad would be so large with any more signings that many of last season's semi-regulars would not even be on the bench.

We need to sign players that have the ability to get us promoted. We must, sadly, get rid off those who don't have that quality ( Nielsen, Berner, Oakley, N'Guessan, Howard, Gallagher). I think even Nige, if he had the budget to do so, would have shown them the door (apart from Gallagher who he signed).

Well said Micky, why do we want to sign dirty foreigners, they are all shite. Instead lets buy over priced, over rated British players etc....

What's wrong with spending more than £ 20m on world class players such as Lescott, Rio Ferdinand and Milner. Then there's Gareth Barry - so imprssive in the World Cup - for £16m.
Peter Crouch for £ 12m.

We need to sign players that have the ability to get us promoted. We must, sadly, get rid off those who don't have that quality ( Nielsen, Berner, Oakley, N'Guessan, Howard, Gallagher). I think even Nige, if he had the budget to do so, would have shown them the door (apart from Gallagher who he signed).

I honestly have absolutely no idea if you ever watch Leicester or not. Jesus christ...

Last edited:
Going back to Abe, his club chairman has said in the Japanese press that we have been in touch, and they are willing to let him go. No mention of whether a fee has been discussed.

Abe's agent reckons we've offered wages of just under a million a year.

However, Abe has only played 24 of Japan's 49 internationals in the last two years, fewer than the 75% required to get a visa.

Neil Danns?

F me.

If this really is our transfer policy, it's completely random. I don't see any sustained strategy here. I hope most of this is just made up.

I'm taking the strategy of listening to the rumours I quite like (Heskey, Pratley, Whittingham, Ritchie) and ignoring the ones I don't (Ebanks-Blake, Danns etc)

Neil Danns?

F me.

If this really is our transfer policy, it's completely random. I don't see any sustained strategy here. I hope most of this is just made up.

Fom Wiki

Currently Danns is studying a video editing and production course at the London Academy of Media, Film and TV. He will release his first single entitled "Survive" in March 2010. His music interests and career were featured in BBC Sports' The Football League Show on 20 February 2010, in which he revealed his father was in an act that reached the qualifying stages of the Eurovision Song Contest

We need these skills.

£500k is laughable anyway.

Wave £500 at them and a few plastic seats and they'd let us have this guy, Ambrose and agree to change our previous result to a 5-0 Leicester win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566