Speculation The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 2012/13 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2012 rumours thread

Load of bollocks.

What a self-important twat he's become.

Come on Maws. Stop sitting on the fence and give us your real opinion. Sometimes I think you daren't say what you really think!

With the transfer window open shortly i guess if any of NP's targets are available we will be in discussions. It will be interesting how much we get and the destinations of Beckford Wellens and Danns

With the transfer window open shortly i guess if any of NP's targets are available we will be in discussions. It will be interesting how much we get and the destinations of Beckford Wellens and Danns

I can see Danns and Beckford remaining where they are, either on a loan or permanent. Can't really see any takers for Wellens, though. He's bit 'past it' for a while now and has just had a lengthy injury, I forsee him running down his contract a-la Oakley.

I can see Danns and Beckford remaining where they are, either on a loan or permanent. Can't really see any takers for Wellens, though. He's bit 'past it' for a while now and has just had a lengthy injury, I forsee him running down his contract a-la Oakley.

I think so.

Danns + Becks to stay on loan until the end of the season and then transferred permanently for an undisclosed fee (Although Beckford may end up going back to Leeds).

NP has already said that Wellens is in his plans for the season (presumably that's why he never went back to Ipswich) although I reckon he'll be gone in the summer.

Pear son has already said that he missed out on his main targets in the loan window so maybe he might try again. With the club appearing to be cutting costs as much as possible I can olnly see loans or frees coming in rather than any big money signings.

That said, a lot of what happens (or not) may depend on how we get on over the next few matches. Having only taken 12 points from the last 30, the owners may decide to loosen the purse strings to ensure we stay in touch with the play off spots.

Ian Stringer‏@StringerSport

When asked how many players he's hoping to sign in January #lcfc boss Nigel Pearson just told Radio Leicester "one, maybe two"

Can't see him leaving Pool for us tbh.

I can

They pay their players absolute peanuts, and are on a downward spiral to nowhere fast.

Almost guaranteed to leave, along with Ince, this transfer window

I can

They pay their players absolute peanuts, and are on a downward spiral to nowhere fast.

Almost guaranteed to leave, along with Ince, this transfer window

They may not pay him a healthy amount, that's an understatement if anything. However, he did get offers from Wigan and Sunderland apparently, according to a Pool mate. I don't see why he would wave away offers from Premier League teams, and then join a team that isn't miles ahead of Pool.

Some bids may have already been placed ...

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/story-17656051-detail/story.html]

Signings could be on their way to Leicester City – and soon!

Leicester City will try to get their transfer targets signed quickly when the January transfer window opens.

Manager Nigel Pearson, who is usually reluctant to discuss transfer policy, said he is looking to bolster his squad with possibly two new signings, and added that they may have already made a couple of bids.

Pearson also admitted a new striker could be a possibility.

There has been speculation linking City with West Brom's Chris Wood, who is on loan at Millwall, and Stoke's Kenwyne Jones, but Pearson said he would not discuss his targets.

However, he did say new arrivals could give his squad a boost as they head into the second half of the campaign.

"If we are going to do it, we will try to get it done pretty quickly, but I am not going to speculate on any stories out there," he said.

"We may have already put some bids in but I don't speculate on deals that may or not be over the line.

"It is not something I like to do because we are talking about other club's players. Until the deals are done, then I am not going to be drawn on that.

"Maybe a striker, yes. We are always looking to strengthen. Whether you can or not is dependant on certain criteria."

Jones was in the Stoke first team yesterday and maybe Woods will be needed as cover if WBA lose players to the African Nations, besides neither have been in the Man U Academy

Rumour has it that Arsenal are interested in Knockaert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669