The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 2014/15 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
4-4-2/Jason Bourne says no chance of Ozakaki signing today. Other than Huth, no imminent deals but things can change

SkyBet have us down as favourites to sign the most players today, probably becuase we are bottom of the league but a sign that there could be a few in today.

Well either that or Sky just expect a really quiet day with Huth and potentially Lennon being the only ones.

Now on Sky Sports ticker

BREAKING NEWS
Leicester join the race for Aaron Lennon, says our reporter Rob Dorsett at the Leicester training ground...

According to John Percy, Stoke are trying to arrange a loan deal for him.

Can't see him coming here in all seriousness

We don't need Aaron Lennon. If there is one place that I am satisfied with in terms of position, it's on the wing.

Schlupp is on form, Mahrez was on form before he went to AFCON, so hopefully he'll return in the same form.
Albrighton looks super when he comes on, bags of energy and excellent crossing. Do we need Lennon? I don't think so.

We need a left back and a central midfielder.

Last edited:
As much as I like Jeff and want him to do well, I am not sure that we can compare him to a guy who was an England international last season and whom has proved himself for many years at this level. Anyone who adds more attaching options is welcome in my view.

We don't need Aaron Lennon. If there is one place that I am satisfied with in terms of position, it's on the wing.

Schlupp is on form, Mahrez was on form before he went to AFCON, so hopefully he'll return in the same form.
Albrighton looks super when he comes on, bags of energy and excellent crossing. Do we need Lennon? I don't think so.

We need a left back and a central midfielder.

I would much prefer a left back and a central midfielder, yet there may not be anyone available at a decent price who would improve our squad. Whilst we have decent wingers and is probably our least problem area, if we can strengthen it then I am all for that - and I feel Lennon could strengthen that area.

Also, I'd be keen to get him just so the likes of Hull don't get him.

Fwiw, Lennon is far better than any of our current options, and so if it was an actual possibility we should definitely get him in.

Although I doubt it's a possibility, so it doesn't matter.

As much as I like Jeff and want him to do well, I am not sure that we can compare him to a guy who was an England international last season and whom has proved himself for many years at this level. Anyone who adds more attaching options is welcome in my view.

I get that Lennon would be better on paper, but how do you expect a player like Schlupp to develop at the highest level otherwise? Lennon hasn't been starting for Spurs and Schlupp has the match fitness and is on form. To be honest, I'd rather have Schlupp at the moment, I don't see how he can be dropped. His attacking play is great at the moment and he can defend which is a great quality to have in front of our under-parr left backs. Lennon doesn't offer much defensively and plays on the right wing anyway, but still. We don't need him!

Last edited:
Seems like Stoke are favourites to sign him for now until the next club come in for him so probably won't have to worry about fitting him in our team.

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

It's almost as if you've been championing JS at left back for a while now...

What's a better combo:

Schlupp and Lennon (in theory) or Konchesky and Schlupp?

Or Schlupp and Mahrez, for example.

Honestly, it just comes down to not wanting Konchesky or De Laet in the side.

Last edited:
What's a better combo:

Schlupp and Lennon (in theory) or Konchesky and Schlupp?

Or Schlupp and Mahrez, for example.

I know your question is somewhat rhetorical, but...

Imo, Schlupp is best on the LW, so I see no reason not to play him there in the first instance.

And I don't think that he's significantly better (if he's better at all) than Konchesky/RDL, so again I don't see any reason to play him LB.

We could go mental and play 3-5-2, but it'll never happen:

_____ Wes Was Huth_______
RDL__________________Schlupp
_____Cambio-o James_______
_________Mahrez____________
______Kram Ulloa_________

Last edited:

Imo, Schlupp is best on the LW, so I see no reason not to play him there in the first instance.

And I don't think that he's significantly better (if he's better at all) than Konchesky/RDL, so again I don't see any reason to play him LB.

I think this is the root of our disagreement. I think he is significantly better.

We could go mental and play 3-5-2, but it'll never happen:

_____ Wes Was Huth_______
RDL__________________Schlupp
_____Cambio-o James_______
_________Mahrez____________
______Kram Ulloa_________

i hope nigel has the balls to drop morgan, i really hope so, strong team, and with huth coming in maybe a 3-4-1-2, shwarzer, schlupp, wasilewski, huth, upson, simpson, james, cambiasso, mahrez, kramaric, ulloa close to my team, i wasn't ignoring the 1 game ban, just possible line ups. Thats why my post before said v Palace, shwarzer, de laet, wasilewski, upson, simpson, schlupp, james, cambiasso, mahrez, nugent, kramaric v Palace

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670