The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 2014/15 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'd have to improve the defensive side of his game to fit in a Pochetino side.

Bloody good player mind...well worth 7m

I reckon he'd do well at Arsenal. He has the potential to become really really good. He'd do better at Arsenal than most team's in the premier league IMO. Wenger loves his type of player.

I reckon he'd do well at Arsenal. He has the potential to become really really good. He'd do better at Arsenal than most team's in the premier league IMO. Wenger loves his type of player.

He'd progress well sat on the bench behind Walcott, O, Sanchez and Rosicky.

He hasn't played anything like a 7 million pound player this season.

Let's be honest, this is why relegation is so damaging for clubs like ours. We have a few players that rightly or wrongly have probably earned themselves a Premiership contract next season. Bigger money and a bigger stage. Who wouldn't take the opportunity???

Mahrez is not the only one. There are Premier league clubs - either established or the ones that scarpe in on the last day - that will decide some of our players are worth a punt. Based on this season I think a few clubs might still consider spending their inflated TV money gains on Schlupp, James, Simpson, Was not Wes, Cambo, Kramaric and maybe even Vardy and Ulloa. I'm not saying they are Prem players but the money in the game means some clubs will decide it's worth the risk and spend a bit of cash.

Or, we could stay up and none of this is relevant!

Let's be honest, this is why relegation is so damaging for clubs like ours. We have a few players that rightly or wrongly have probably earned themselves a Premiership contract next season. Bigger money and a bigger stage. Who wouldn't take the opportunity???

Mahrez is not the only one. There are Premier league clubs - either established or the ones that scarpe in on the last day - that will decide some of our players are worth a punt. Based on this season I think a few clubs might still consider spending their inflated TV money gains on Schlupp, James, Simpson, Was not Wes, Cambo, Kramaric and maybe even Vardy and Ulloa. I'm not saying they are Prem players but the money in the game means some clubs will decide it's worth the risk and spend a bit of cash.

Or, we could stay up and none of this is relevant!

Can't see Vards going anywhere in the Prem. Think Leo will still be with us next season and should be a good asset for the championship.

He'd progress well sat on the bench behind Walcott, O, Sanchez and Rosicky.

Why would he be behind all of them? Maybe to start with he would be, but given the opportunity, he's the type of player to take it and become a mainstay. He's not been given the same chances as Walcott for example who's been at Arsenal since 2006 when he was very young.

Rosicky is 34. Mahrez is 24. Mahrez would do well at Arsenal IMO, that's not to say he'd walk into the team, because not many players would. I'm saying he'd probably excel there better than at most other clubs because of Wenger's playing style.

Schlupp, James, Simpson, Was not Wes, Cambo, Kramaric and maybe even Vardy and Ulloa.

Cambiasso maybe, for the less fussy, but I'll be amazed if any of the others get picked up by a Prem team. I think we've shown week in week out we're a Championship side with Championship players. None of them have displayed the consistency to merit anything other than a bench spot for a side with aspirations.

Cambiasso maybe, for the less fussy, but I'll be amazed if any of the others get picked up by a Prem team. I think we've shown week in week out we're a Championship side with Championship players. None of them have displayed the consistency to merit anything other than a bench spot for a side with aspirations.

If people are to be believed, it's all NP's fault, so who is to say a different Premier club manager wouldn't get them to be more consistent.
As we are staying up, it's a hypothetical scenario :)

If people are to be believed, it's all NP's fault, so who is to say a different Premier club manager wouldn't get them to be more consistent.
As we are staying up, it's a hypothetical scenario :)

In most matches it's been perfectly clear that the players are a) motivated and b) playing to the best of their ability, consistently. Not for the want of trying, they simply aren't good enough.

If Pea Son has made a mistake it was believing he could craft a Prem team from players who would not challenge him. His pre-season purchasing was limited by this conservative approach as a result. I'm not knocking it, I was delighted with the notion at the outset but feel it was the wrong path now. I'm all about the 20/20 hindsight, me.

captain-hindsight-300x221.jpg

In most matches it's been perfectly clear that the players are a) motivated and b) playing to the best of their ability, consistently. Not for the want of trying, they simply aren't good enough.

If Pea Son has made a mistake it was believing he could craft a Prem team from players who would not challenge him. His pre-season purchasing was limited by this conservative approach as a result. I'm not knocking it, I was delighted with the notion at the outset but feel it was the wrong path now. I'm all about the 20/20 hindsight, me.

View attachment 11828

I still think it was right but then I don't mind relegation. If we'd spent on big characters we could still have ended up like QPR two seasons ago.

Agree with Mawsley, I do think Pearson has contributed as well though through his sheer stubbornness and his inability to arrest a dip in form for a second time worries me a bit. I think our strengthening in the two windows also was not good enough - needed to do more, especially in the pre-season with regards to recruiting more experience in defence.

I still think it was right but then I don't mind relegation. If we'd spent on big characters we could still have ended up like QPR two seasons ago.

Reckon there's a distinct difference between not over paying compared to signing challenging personalities - that's what I believe his mistake/limitation is.

Esteban in the Championship...now there's a laugh.

Why would Knockaert resign?

And Konchesky? An "asset"? Makes me want to cry.

I would be happy if we didn't offer a contract to any of those players listed in the Mockery article. We need new blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566