The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 2014/15 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's incredibly undeserved. Harry Redknapp's just resigned because of QPR's failure to secure a selection of transfer deadline day targets such as Emmanuel Adebayor, Aaron Lennon and Matt Jarvis. We were more successful than most. Who could possibly have imagined we would outfight and outbid Chelsea to get Kramaric?
Whilst his is baseless speculation, so is your reason for Harry quitting.

You're not swallowing this whole "my knee has just started playing up, as of about 11.05pm and I just would't be able to take training when I normally sit in the office anyway" thing are you?

You're not swallowing this whole "my knee has just started playing up, as of about 11.05pm and I just would't be able to take training when I normally sit in the office anyway" thing are you?

I'm not swallowing anything thanks. You can't argue baseless speculation with more, unless you work for Fox or the Daily MAIL.

Not baseless whatsoever.

BBC chief football writer Phil McNulty
"Harry Redknapp looked a beaten man as he explained QPR's failure to secure a selection of transfer deadline day targets such as Emmanuel Adebayor, Aaron Lennon and Matt Jarvis.

"All this came just hours after what now seems like increasingly significant tweets from QPR chairman Tony Fernandes, one starting with 'no more cheque book' and another declaring 'given the right motivation, tactics and coaching we can achieve much more'.

"It hinted at Fernandes' worries and, with Redknapp also requiring major knee surgery, the perfect storm came together to end his latest managerial adventure."

Typical arrogant NP believes his squad is good enough despite te league table saying different, all we can do now is prey, as good as the Prem is, with the right summer preparation we would have been ok

Feck me :icon_roll

Exactly the reasons why I think he might struggle, rightly or wrongly.

Please don't get my prediction mixed up with thinking it means I'll be berating the lad, I hope he smashes the back doors out of Saturdays game.

I hope the lad does well. Though he's the first player I've been less excited about after watching a compilation of his goals. It's going to be strange for him to play in a stadium with people in and against teams with defenders. Hopefully he'll adjust to it just fine.

Typical arrogant NP believes his squad is good enough despite te league table saying different, all we can do now is prey, as good as the Prem is, with the right summer preparation we would have been ok

As in a kestrel catching a field mouse in its talons?

I'm going to stick my neck out and declare to all of you that Kramaric will be the biggest flop in the clubs history.

He will score a maximum of 3 goals this season and then want to leave in the summer after not settling.

Well that would be quite an achievement. There are one or two other past claimants for that title.

Probably our biggest issue is our inability to take chances and so signing a new striker was a logical move. Of course buying in the January window is generally problematic and therefore a gamble - but one that had to be taken. It's tough for a young striker to hit the deck running in a losing side in a massively more challenging environment.

It would be some achievement if it pays off.

I would guess that someone like Defoe would be more likely to do well in this league. But you can only sign a player that will play for you - and presumably the club have given some thought to an exit route for both parties if things turn out badly - that is if we are relegated.

Would be a good move for Moore seeing as his development has hit a brick wall due to lack of competitive game time.

He'll be needed next season whatever league we end up in though as we can't have all our defenders on the wrong side of 30!

If we get relegated then it's almost a certainty he'd be off but the club are in a strong position. He's young, creative and contracted until 2017. He has also been complimented publicly by Brendan Rodgers, called a "top player" by Wenger and now being courted by Spurs.

We won't let him go for less than £10m. And for the rate players are going for nowadays and considering his age and potential to get even better, less than £10m would be absurd.

Make no mistake, Mahrez is the real deal. He literally drifts past players, his flair, creativity and vision are first class. Also packs a mean free kick as well as a great ability to dribble and run with the ball.

If we stay up then we must try to keep him and keep him happy. If he's so adamant to leave then we keep the price as high as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566