The champagne on ice thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst I'd love you to be right the method of predicting the final totals seems to be seriously flawed given that the external infuences that can affect results have not been included in the model.

The impact of player unavailabilty is a variable that should be included, along with the changeable strengths, performance levels and motivation of our opponents for the remaining games. (and of the other contenders).

Recent form, confidence, and performance levels are key and have been ignored.

Forget this 'spreadsheet' and get a real numbers man on the job.

S. Hawkin

We also have to take into account player diets, weather, winning the toss and horoscopes. This seems like a job for Russel Grant.

Leicester 91
PBro 90
Dons 83
Willwall 82

Russel Grant

Start uncorking that Champagne. :icon_bigg :icon_wink

Almost there. We can gain promotion on Monday, but imo it will be at Southend next week.

After todays win Scunthorpe are now out of it.

Already gone

Tranmere
Oldham
Bristol R
Southend
Stockport
Colchester.
Huddersfield.
Walsall
Hartlepool
Carlisle
Northampton
Yeovil
Hereford.
Cheltenham
Crewe
L Orient
Swindon
Brighton

LEICESTERS LOWEST LGE POSITION IS NOW 5TH

Forgive me, I am shaking whilst typing. I said we would piss this division.

I think we all said it, more in hope than expectation. History was against us. Only 10 of the last 30 relegated have got back up. Very few at the first attempt. No one ever as champions. Even Man City went up through the play-offs.

We went down as a crap team. No one sane would have put their house on us going up back at the first attempt, let alone as automatic promotion or maybe even champions.

Let us savour the moment, but let us not kid ourselves we knew it was going to happen.

I think we all said it, more in hope than expectation. History was against us. Only 10 of the last 30 relegated have got back up. Very few at the first attempt. No one ever as champions. Even Man City went up through the play-offs.

We went down as a crap team. No one sane would have put their house on us going up back at the first attempt, let alone as automatic promotion or maybe even champions.

Let us savour the moment, but let us not kid ourselves we knew it was going to happen.

:038::038::038::038::038: still we are going up ,pop the bubbley monday afternoon.

Last edited:
I've been drinking lots of fizzy wine, not Champagne, but who gives a ****?

you speak for yourself, I was confident right from the start and it never altered all season, so don't start giving me all this bollocks about everybody said it, because they didn't! Everyone is an expert after the event, but very few stood up at the start and said we would do it first time! So bollocks to your comment!
I look forward to your predictions next season this time next year!

fcuking unbelievable!

you speak for yourself, I was confident right from the start and it never altered all season, so don't start giving me all this bollocks about everybody said it, because they didn't! Everyone is an expert after the event, but very few stood up at the start and said we would do it first time! So bollocks to your comment!

fcuking unbelievable!

We were all confident. We all believed we would be good enough. "We WILL piss this league" is a lot stronger than confident.

Were you confident enough, if you were a betting person, to have put a huge amount of money, such as the value of your house that you could not afford to lose, on promotion at the first attempt?

fcuking unbelievable!

I'll admit, I thought we were likely to get relegated.

Pessimists r us.

We were all confident. We all believed we would be good enough. "We WILL piss this league" is a lot stronger than confident.

Were you confident enough, if you were a betting person, to have put a huge amount of money, such as the value of your house that you could not afford to lose, on promotion at the first attempt?

If I had that sort of cash available, yes I would. But I doubt the bookies would take a bet that size.

Last edited:
If I had that sort of cash available, yes I would. But I doubt the bookies would take a bet that size.

No, not spare cash - handing over the deeds of your house worth say £150,000, when you only have less than £1000 in savings or bank account and are not earning more than about £25000 a year.

No, not spare cash - handing over the deeds of your house worth say £150,000, when you only have less than £1000 in savings or bank account and are not earning more than about £25000 a year.

Oh FFS! Why did you have to post that? You do realise what's going to happen now?

Is there somewhere that I can vote for most ridiculous internet argument of 2009?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669