Speculation The Crazy Stupid Premier League Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedfoxxx

Rumours of Jamie Redknapp becoming our new manager with Steve McManaman player/assistant are gathering pace.

tedfoxxx

:081:

:icon_eek:

Ince and Keegan also frontrunners.

Whoever it is, they're likely to have a front two of Ebanks-Blake and Neil Mellor.

Micky

According to Sky, we have had a 5 million bid rejected for Ulloa. Good player but a lot of money.

Lako42

According to Sky, we have had a 5 million bid rejected for Ulloa. Good player but a lot of money.

I think I would be moving onto target number 2

ThaiSweetChilli

He's going to be 28 in July, and scored 14 goals in 33 League appearances. It's a good return but certainly not extraordinary.

Brighton signed him for £2m last January. I don't really see how they would have the nerve to reject £5m, as they won't get it elsewhere. But the real question is whether he'll be as effective in the PL.

He didn't get many assists last season so it does beg the question, why are we signing a player who bagged less goals in the League than both of our main strikers (Nuge 20 goals, 11 assists and Vardy 16 goals and countless penalties wins)? £5m, if the reported fee is true is a lot of money for this guy!

Borderfox

Daily Express, according to them we are interested in 23 year old defender Molla Wague from Caen. Freebie contract expires.

Brown Nose

I think I would be moving onto target number 2

Totally disagree. We're a wealthy club that can afford to back our manager in getting his first choice targets wherever possible. I know very little about the merits of Ulloa, but if NP wants him, then we keep on at Brighton until we get him. The only reason we should back off is if we know Ulloa doesn't want to join us.

We should back NP to go into the new season with his squad as he wants it so he can give it his best shot. We can also judge his ability as a Premier League manager fairly. If we start compromising on targets and moving onto second, third, fourth, fifth choice players, we'll end up with a squad nobody wants.

LCFC'sGodWears9

He's going to be 28 in July, and scored 14 goals in 33 League appearances. It's a good return but certainly not extraordinary.

Brighton signed him for £2m last January. I don't really see how they would have the nerve to reject £5m, as they won't get it elsewhere. But the real question is whether he'll be as effective in the PL.

He didn't get many assists last season so it does beg the question, why are we signing a player who bagged less goals in the League than both of our main strikers (Nuge 20 goals, 11 assists and Vardy 16 goals and countless penalties wins)? £5m, if the reported fee is true is a lot of money for this guy!

We are being mugged off here, absolutely no way is he worth 5+ million.

Nottingham Fox

We are being mugged off here, absolutely no way is he worth 5+ million.

You're probably right, however we're a newly promoted team with money to burn in the eyes of Brighton. They're going to pump us for every penny they can get, and quite rightly so too. I'd expect us to do the same if we were in that position.

Lako42

Totally disagree. We're a wealthy club that can afford to back our manager in getting his first choice targets wherever possible. I know very little about the merits of Ulloa, but if NP wants him, then we keep on at Brighton until we get him. The only reason we should back off is if we know Ulloa doesn't want to join us.

We should back NP to go into the new season with his squad as he wants it so he can give it his best shot. We can also judge his ability as a Premier League manager fairly. If we start compromising on targets and moving onto second, third, fourth, fifth choice players, we'll end up with a squad nobody wants.

So we get held to ransom and pay over the odds for players because we have a bit of dosh?

Seems an utterly irresponsible thing to do, and I'm quite confident NP wont be going down that route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669