The Future - is it bright?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RN Fox

I believe MM will walk away from the club now we have dropped to Div 1.
Why was he not at the game, our most important in the clubs history, on family business!!
Let's face it, if he really was 100% behind this collective effort, he would have been there with the team and fans. Will we ever see him back at the club? I don't think so. He has been away quite a lot recently with Paul Aldridge in place doing his work for him. He now faces the prospect of losing substantial amounts of money with sponsorship deals in a division which will not generate much income or prestige and a bunch of mis-fits on high wages and long contracts.

On the surface administration looks like being a real possibility with the knock on effect of an automatic 10 point deficit to begin the season with. The added incentive for other teams to raise their game when they come to our great stadium will also make life more difficult for us.

Make no mistake, we are in big trouble now and life will not get any easier until we know what the future will bring regarding MM, the Ian Holloway farce and the administration question.

Life as usual being a Foxes Fan

Is the future bright? Uhhh...no! We're in League 1 next season. For the first time in our history.
People can try to put as much of a positive spin on it as they want, but it is a disaster.

Many it seems will be pleased if MM washes his hands of the Club so I guess for them the future will be bright,I for one think without MM were are well and truly fecked.I don't see him going but I see him taking a back seat role and Aldridge taking over as Chairman

Many it seems will be pleased if MM washes his hands of the Club so I guess for them the future will be bright,I for one think without MM were are well and truly fecked.I don't see him going but I see him taking a back seat role and Aldridge taking over as Chairman

I think your right about Aldridge but not so sure about MM. If he does walk away we are doomed because he guaranteed the previous debt and has added substantially to that debt with his own dealings. I would love to know what the collected amount of debt currently stands at - some say £30million. If thats true and he walks - ?????

If MM has guaranteed the debts then he's stuck with them. If my house is worth less than my mortgage i can't just piss off and leave it to the bank to sort out. If he leaves he'll be saddled with at least some of the debt.

I may be naive but I don't think Milan is a quitter. The fact that he is upset is not just about loss of money. Milan wants to be the saviour and to be loved. He will maintain a position at the club and get us back to the Prem. There is still time on his original plan! (OK, the last may be optimistic to the point t of foolhardiness!!)

I cant believe the shite im reading here. Milan has bought this club and committed millions to it so he cant just walk away, he's legally responsible for debts etc. So say he wants to sell the club, Who would want to buy it now? There is a lot of anger around and it leads to a lot of negative crap being written.

I dont think he will walk. I believe that we will be in division 1 for the next 2 to 3 seasons before we climb out. If i was Milan id go back to the drawing board and start again. And i actually feel sorry for Holloway cos i believe he inherited a sinking ship and he couldnt save it. Could Martin Allen? Megson saw this too and walked.

The future is anything but bright.

Just for starters - we have not yet seen the financial and structural consequences of relegation.

This isn't simply a question of dropping down a division and living with the footballing consequences. We are talking about a major downturn in the business and uncertainty about its financial underpinning by MM along with it being an unattractive acquisition for any other investor.

Don't think that today is the start of things getting better because it isn't.

I make the firm forecast that within weeks this forum will be pondering a major financial crisis.

I've given up caring, and I'm feeling a little easier about the whole sorry situation.

It's not the end of the world, Holloway isn't a cnut with a vendetta against our club, he's just rubbish. I'm actually looking forward to seeing some different sets of fans, some different grounds, and some almost "grass roots, non pretentious" football.

We are guilty of showing some stinking arrogance towards the clubs we will be visiting by constantly belittling them and laughing at their status. Well, as it now stands, clubs such as Yeovil, Peterborough, Walsall, Leyton Orient etc, are no bigger, nor smaller than our club. History counts for fcuk all now. MON has gone, the play off finals are a nothing but a memory, we hold no cups, and we might not even get to see the "big guns" in the FA cup anymore. Tough shit, it's gone.

Like it or not, this is our present now, we might as well embrace it.

Last edited:
I've given up caring, and I'm feeling a little easier about the whole sorry situation.

It's not the end of the world, Holloway isn't a cnut with a vendetta against our club, he's just rubbish. I'm actually looking forward to seeing some different sets of fans, some different grounds, and some almost "grass roots, non pretentious" football.

We are guilty of showing some stinking arrogance towards the clubs we will be visiting by constantly belittling them and laughing at their status. Well, as it now stands, clubs such as Yeovil, Peterborough, Walsall, Yeovil etc, are no bigger, nor smaller than our club. History counts for fcuk all now. MON has gone, the play off finals are a nothing but a memory, we hold no cups, and we might not even get to see the "big guns" in the FA cup anymore. Tough shit, it's gone.

Spot on Melts. :038:

(Makes a change.....:icon_wink)

The future is anything but bright.

Just for starters - we have not yet seen the financial and structural consequences of relegation.

This isn't simply a question of dropping down a division and living with the footballing consequences. We are talking about a major downturn in the business and uncertainty about its financial underpinning by MM along with it being an unattractive acquisition for any other investor.

Don't think that today is the start of things getting better because it isn't.

I make the firm forecast that within weeks this forum will be pondering a major financial crisis.

Related to this, and I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but I'm worried of it having a knock on effect to the facilities at the club, namely the training ground and the academy. With reduced revenue in a lower league, is there a chance that these could be done away with/downgraded?

I hope not because I think they are the key to us rebuilding. Time to see what our League winning Academy side can do (albeit probably without Joe Mattock)

namely the training ground and the academy.
Do you really think this club has been using the training ground and the academy?

Some of the worst football I have ever seen, and a half talented youngster every five years doesn't befit the label that our academy and training ground gets.

Get rid, let them train in poor conditions. The decline of this club has coincided with improvement of those facilities. I say it's just another reason for those players to enjoy hanging around here and boosting their egos.

Do you really think this club has been using the training ground and the academy?

Some of the worst football I have ever seen, and a half talented youngster every five years doesn't befit the label that our academy and training ground gets.

Get rid, let them train in poor conditions. The decline of this club has coincided with improvement of those facilities. I say it's just another reason for those players to enjoy hanging around here and boosting their egos.

Wait for it......I can remember when all our players trained on the rough ground round the back of the Filbert Street Main Stand (before it was turned into a proper car park). If it was good enough for Arthur Rowley and Johnny Morris then it would be good enough for Elvis Hammond and Fatty Fryatt. Ooops - sorry they've built on it now.

We are guilty of showing some stinking arrogance towards the clubs we will be visiting by constantly belittling them and laughing at their status. Well, as it now stands, clubs such as Yeovil, Peterborough, Walsall, Leyton Orient etc, are no bigger, nor smaller than our club. History counts for fcuk all now. MON has gone, the play off finals are a nothing but a memory, we hold no cups, and we might not even get to see the "big guns" in the FA cup anymore. Tough shit, it's gone.

Bob on sir.

I cant believe the shite im reading here. Milan has bought this club and committed millions to it so he cant just walk away, he's legally responsible for debts etc.
Naive. Mandaric is a business man first and last. He will have loaned the money to the club in the same way Sam Hamaam did at Cardiff, and it will be the club which owes the money to him, not MM to a third party.
He will spend the next few days looking at business models and will then decide whether he should seek a buyer, go into the trenches and battle it out, or have a 'yard sale' to get as much of his money back as possible.
The tears I heard in his interview were for the money he spent which he'll never see back. If he really cared about your club he would have been there at the final game despite what he said about family commitments. Who arranges such a thing on the final day of the season? If you were in a position to attain promotion he would have had a front row seat. I would feel pretty alienated by that action and as a business man he will have alienated a section of his customer base which demonstrates poor business skills, as does constantly appointing unsuitable managers.
MM is the problem and the answer. If he does one, you'd better hope he sells to someone with better business acumen who will either have, or appoint someone with, the knowledge of the football business to turn things around, because the 'yard sale' option would set you back 5 years. If he stays, he needs to get lucky with his next manager in the same way the Jacks did.
Testing times ahead methinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670