The Gardening Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brauny Blue said:
Buy a camel:icon_wink
I could see if BG will lend me one of his, apparently his "helpers" have them to travel around the grounds because the fukkers too tight to buy horses or off road bikes for them. He trades each wife in for 2 camels when he goes to Egypt on an "import" trip.

Women are usually worth 15 camels in Egypt, but eh, it's BG, what else is he likely to get

highland fox said:
I love you Melton :rose: , can I move to your house and you can do the gardening while I lay on a lounger with my campari admiring your gardeners bum :060:
Fukk off Fruit Loop, you really do need locking up

Last edited:
Melton Fox said:
Today

- Lawns done
- Beans in
- Bluebells all dead headed
- Weeping Willow trimmed back a tad
- Tomato food added to toms and roses
- Irises starting to flower nicely
- Wild flower seeds scattered around the willow

You did all that yourself Melton? How quaint and so green thinking as well.

I must see if our gardening staff are up to date with the grounds....:icon_bigg

I spent a few hours moving the stones off the front garden as the mrs wants a lawn there, great another fecking one to cut.

Anybody want to mow my lawn for a fiver...like a fecking jungle out there:icon_roll

highland fox said:
Anybody want to mow my lawn for a fiver...like a fecking jungle out there:icon_roll
as it would cost me around £130 in petrol not to mention general wear on the car etc, Id say no.

Whilst not a terribly committed or skilled gardener, I am the proud owner of a lemon tree and a grapefruit tree.

The lemon tree is a Meyer's lemon, which is a cross between a lemon and a mandarin orange. Squeeze one into a glass of fizzy water and I get instant, delicious, naturally sweet lemonade. Lovely!

Don't like feckin grapefruit though, which is a shame, especially as the bugger has a bumper crop this year.... but it does provide the perfect shady spot in our little courtyard, so I can't complain.

I also have a few cacti ("barrell" cactus and some giant Brazilian thing which is almost as tall as the house now), a splendid Tombstone Rose which covers our outdoor bar :icon_cool :icon_wink and four big, shady pine trees. The Mrs deals with the other, more girly stuff (hibiscus, geraniums, wystiria, philodendrons, jasmine, etc)

Sounds nice Des, there must ne a world of difference between gardening over here and in Tucson,

:eek: Cacti in your Garden, sounds fantastic. Maybe BG should line the borders of his property with them to prevent the cats coming in

Melton Fox said:
Sounds nice Des, there must ne a world of difference between gardening over here and in Tucson,

:eek: Cacti in your Garden, sounds fantastic. Maybe BG should line the borders of his property with them to prevent the cats coming in
or to keep his immigrant workers in....

My cat, he laugh at your cactus

Thought I'd rehash this,I need some excitement in my life....
Good call hf.
I did feck all at the allotment this year, too much going on.
I'll be up their soon, digging over before the winter frosts though.

What do you prefer highland, vegetables or fruits...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669