The Human Centipede

Status
Not open for further replies.
It didn't take long

screen-shot-2010-07-14-at-65147-pm.png

Keep meaning to watch it. It looks incredible!

Apparently there's going to be a whole trilogy.

Last edited:
Keep meaning to watch it. It looks incredible!

Apparently there's going to be a whole trilogy.

That's stretching it. It isn't anywhere near as horrible as I was expecting/hoping, I would say it goes nowhere near the Saws for instance. The idea is more shocking, but the actual visual elements, not so much.

Having said that, there is a scene where the guy at the front has to shit and you see him wince, and the girl behind gag, that was pretty hard to watch.

Last edited:
Saw is crap. Fakeness and cheesiness for me over realism in horror films any day.

Well, I don't really mind, but I think some films spend too long trying to make their films look gory rather than building an atmosphere and just fun to watch.

Give me Suspiria and the Exorcist over Saw and Hostel any day of the week. I just get the feeling the Human Centipede is quite a cheesy, fake horror film in the Evil Dead vein, I could be wrong though.

Last edited:
That send paragraph should read.

*Well, I don't really mind, but I think some films spend too long trying to make their films look real rather than building an atmosphere and just being fun to watch.

How come I can only edit my posts for 10mins after I post them?

Everybody that I know that has seen this has described it as just boring shite. An interesting idea, poorly executed.
Your man needing to shit in the ones mouth being the only, mildly, interesting part in the entire film.

How come I can only edit my posts for 10mins after I post them?

You have the same time limit as everybody else.

If there was no time limit some people would constantly be editing old posts to correct their "inside info" that was a load of bollocks :icon_wink

Ah, fair enough. I guess I should re-check my posts sooner then. :icon_wink

Anyone else ever seen [REC]?

My favourite horror film of recent years.

Anyone else ever seen [REC]?

My favourite horror film of recent years.

:038::038:

Brilliant film, one of my faves too, really atmospheric and a hot leading lady. The second one is quite good too, not as good as the first, but worth a watch.

However the American remake is tripe apparently, so I have avoided that.

:038::038:

Brilliant film, one of my faves too, really atmospheric and a hot leading lady. The second one is quite good too, not as good as the first, but worth a watch.

However the American remake is tripe apparently, so I have avoided that.

Yeah, I've heard [REC] II is quite good too.

Wasn't the American remake called Quarantine? Don't want to watch it tbh, America seems obsessed with remaking horror films atm, it's horrible. apparently there's a remake of Suspiria on the way and I thought remaking Dawn of the Dead was bad enough...

Yeah, I've heard [REC] II is quite good too.

Wasn't the American remake called Quarantine? Don't want to watch it tbh, America seems obsessed with remaking horror films atm, it's horrible. apparently there's a remake of Suspiria on the way and I thought remaking Dawn of the Dead was bad enough...

Yes thats it, Quarantine, with the woman in it out of Dexter.

Its horrible that they feel the need to ruin good films with re-makes. Didn't know they were re-making Suspiria, but I do know they are re-doing 'Let the Right One In' the original is brilliant! You just know the re-make will be shocking, Just leave them be!

Last edited:
Yes thats it, Quarantine, with the woman in it out of Dexter.

Its horrible that they feel the need to ruin good films with re-makes. Didn't know they were re-making Suspiria, but I do know they are re-doing 'Let the Right One In' the original is brilliant! You just know the re-make will be shocking, Just leave them be!

The problem is, other than a few horror fanatics like yourself, nobody else has heard of the originals, or would ever see them. By remaking they can bring the story to a new, larger audience. Not that their reasoning is as noble as that, it's more about the fact that said new audience will pay money to see them.

Don't get me started. One of my fav films.

Though not a horror, 'Girl With A Dragon Tattoo' is being re-made by Hollywood but at least Fincher is the director.

I think the re-make of 'Let the Right one in' is called 'Let me in', or something equally as creative!

The follow up the Dragon Tattoo is out soon, 'The Girl Who Played With Fire'. :038:

The problem is, other than a few horror fanatics like yourself, nobody else has heard of the originals, or would ever see them. By remaking they can bring the story to a new, larger audience. Not that their reasoning is as noble as that, it's more about the fact that said new audience will pay money to see them.

But that's assuming that the story is what makes the film great, which in horror films is rarely the case.

Suspiria has a terrible thrown together plot, but the plot isn't what makes the film so legendary among horror fans; the way it's shot, the eery lighting and the atmosphere of the film is. The kind of things that get changed for remakes.

I don't see why they should "bring the story" to a larger audience. Suspiria and Let the Right One In are supposed to be cult films. The idea is that they are meant for people who are already horror film fans. Films like that are made for their audience, the directors do not have to change their films to appeal to more audiences, if either film was made by a Hollywood director rather than low budget Italian and Swedish directors they wouldn't be the same films, they would have been torn apart for the masses. I'm not trying to be snobbish saying these films are better than Hollywood crap, because there are loads of Hollywood films I like, but the fact is a lot of the general public would not like these films, as they are not made for a big audience of the majority of the population, they are made for a smaller audience who already enjoy that type of film. Remaking the same films for a larger audience is just demeaning to the artistic integrity of Dario Argento and Tomas Alfredson.

It's the same thing as a lot of the art and/or entertainment industries nowadays. It's all about making money, rather than making good or original films.

Last edited:
But that's assuming that the story is what makes the film great, which in horror films is rarely the case.

Suspiria has a terrible thrown together plot, but the plot isn't what makes the film so legendary among horror fans; the way it's shot, the eery lighting and the atmosphere of the film is. The kind of things that get changed for remakes.

I don't see why they should "bring the story" to a larger audience. Suspiria and Let the Right One In are supposed to be cult films. The idea is that they are meant for people who are already horror film fans. Films like that are made for their audience, the directors do not have to change their films to appeal to more audiences, if either film was made by a Hollywood director rather than low budget Italian and Swedish directors they wouldn't be the same films, they would have been torn apart for the masses. I'm not trying to be snobbish saying these films are better than Hollywood crap, because there are loads of Hollywood films I like, but the fact is a lot of the general public would not like these films, as they are not made for a big audience of the majority of the population, they are made for a smaller audience who already enjoy that type of film. Remaking the same films for a larger audience is just demeaning to the artistic integrity of Dario Argento and Tomas Alfredson.

It's the same thing as a lot of the art and/or entertainment industries nowadays. It's all about making money, rather than making good or original films.

All that and then you agree with me at the end! :icon_bigg

I understand completely, I really enjoy some of the more obscure independent films, Tracey Fragments, Garden State etc, and I get protective over them, but I don't have to contend with remakes in that respect really. I have never been a horror fan and hate being scared!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566