Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded autumn/winter 2019/20 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do wonder about Benkovic. Obviously we signed him because we thought he'd make it into our first team. I know he's had an injury but all I hear is him going out on loan and he can't get on to our bench. Strange seeing as Rodgers loved him at Celtic.

Something has kicked off I reckon. Maybe he chucked his toys out the pram when we stopped his loan. Maybe he thought his relationship with Rodgers would put him ahead of Soyuncu and he's been sulky.

He needs shifting on loan and reassessing next summer. Remember Soyuncu was in a very similar situation this time last year so I still have hope he'll come good.

I do wonder about Benkovic. Obviously we signed him because we thought he'd make it into our first team. I know he's had an injury but all I hear is him going out on loan and he can't get on to our bench. Strange seeing as Rodgers loved him at Celtic.
Soyuncu couldn't get on the bench last season, keeping Wes meant he was always going to be in the match squad when fit, Benkovic seems to be fit now so we'll see, a loan move to someone like Norwich would be good for everyone

Maybe he loved him in that league but doesn't think he can cut it in England.
he came back from the Euro U21s injured, missed pre season and has been playing U23s to get fit people are reading too much into it and the press keep going on about us signing a CB as they can't admit they were wrong

he came back from the Euro U21s injured, missed pre season and has been playing U23s to get fit people are reading too much into it and the press keep going on about us signing a CB as they can't admit they were wrong

Rodgers said at least two months ago that he was fully fit but other players were ahead of him.

Rodgers said at least two months ago that he was fully fit but other players were ahead of him.
yes 2 of them start and the other is club captain, it's a massive call to leave him out of the squad for Benkovic when there is no need to, if Evans or Soyuncu got a long term injury then Benkovic would get his chance

I'm not rushing to any judgements. I was just offering a different view other than 'he's shat in Rodgers car' or 'chucked his toys out the pram'
that was Brown Nose who spent months telling us Maddison should be playing left wing, no one that posts this type of stuff on social media has said anything like that has happened

But that may have happened because he wasn't a part of pre-season.

If he'd been fit over the summer, he may have been ahead of Soyuncu, but then Soyuncu started the season so well and continued that way so far that he's not been able to get a look in.

Either way, a loan move could be a good option - although personally I don't see us signing a CB. We wouldn't drop Soyuncu or Evans atm and can't see us splashing 20m+ on another backup.

The more I read about him, the more I like the idea of backing Vardy up with Morelos. He has a good strong sense of shithousery and has the same kind of aggression, if misguided, that Vardy started with.
Can’t really think of anyone else like him but I think a dickhead striker is always going to be what we need. Fans don’t have the patience for a Berbatov.

The more I read about him, the more I like the idea of backing Vardy up with Morelos. He has a good strong sense of shithousery and has the same kind of aggression, if misguided, that Vardy started with.
Can’t really think of anyone else like him but I think a dickhead striker is always going to be what we need. Fans don’t have the patience for a Berbatov.
He seems to have sorted his disciplinary problems out too

do people never learn? Similar comments were being made about Soyuncu last season now look what happened, why the need to rush to judgement?
No there weren't. Most comments were about not having seen him play enough and in the few appearances he'd made he'd been prone to a mistake or two. Many of us made it very clear that it was simply an unknown despite being told time after time that we were some how disparaging our own players.

Cue the floodgates...

I'd be surprised if we aren't looking at Jarrod Bowen at Hull. He looks a lot like a Leicester player in waiting. Makes things happen himself, decent pace and finishing and gets a goal every 2 games......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566