Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded autumn/winter 2019/20 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pork pie fox

Rob Tanner on The Athletic says he believes we want a CB and another winger/forward in this transfer window.

pork pie fox

he does some good articles, not always on the current side some good interviews with past players
I’ve read a couple of them. What I’ve read was “ok”. Does he work exclusively for them now?

AberFox

To be honest, I subscribe for the NFL coverage, so I don’t always notice how much he puts out there on us.

He relies on his contacts for good interviews really, which are generally well put together to be fair. He doesn't offer much insight, analysis or inside info though. "Okay" is about right, his writing style is generally quite staid, not offering much opinion either way. I think his colleague at the Merc would have been a better acquisition (Someone Sharpe?).

Skitzo

He doesn’t (from what I’ve seen) seem to do that much then. Cushy number.
he has a lot more freedom to choose his articles outside or press conference and match coverage and because of how the site is funded doesn't need to post a bunch of click bait articles everyday
He relies on his contacts for good interviews really, which are generally well put together to be fair. He doesn't offer much insight, analysis or inside info though. "Okay" is about right, his writing style is generally quite staid, not offering much opinion either way. I think his colleague at the Merc would have been a better acquisition (Someone Sharpe?).
James Sharpe, now works the either the Daily Mail or Mail on Sunday

Skitzo

no idea about how reliable this site is but saw this

https://www.fanatik.com.tr/hakan-calhanoglu-30-milyon-euro-2059282

Fanatik report Premier League sides West Ham and Leicester City are interested in signing AC Milan midfielder Hakan Calhanoglu.

The Turkish newspaper says the 25 year old is also open to continuing his career in the Premier League and could leave the Serie A side at the end of the season.

It’s claimed AC Milan value Calhanoglu in the region of €30m and they will evaluate offers for the Turkish attacking midfielder this summer.

Calhanoglu has been a key player under Gennaro Gattuso in Milan but he could still leave the Serie A giants.

According to Fanatik, West Ham and Leicester City could make an offer to sign 25-year old, who is under contract until June 2021.

Both West Ham and Leicester will be looking to add to their squads for next season and it seems the player is an option.

The Turkey international has played 39 games for AC Milan this season in all competitions, scoring two goals.

homer

Yeah, we're right in there, battling with West Ham...

Ike O'Noclassed

Morelos gets another red card in the last minute of the old firm derby, allegedly for a dive, but in the name of G*d that haircut must have had something to do with it...

Blue Maniac

Alzheimers sufferer
Morelos gets another red card in the last minute of the old firm derby, allegedly for a dive, but in the name of G*d that haircut must have had something to do with it...
I really do not see the attraction with this guy. Gerrard is quoted as saying they wouldn’t part with him for 50 million, why would anyone offer even half that?

homer

I really do not see the attraction with this guy. Gerrard is quoted as saying they wouldn’t part with him for 50 million, why would anyone offer even half that?

Apart from his stinking childish attitude, he ****ed up at least seven or eight excellent attacking positions in that game by basically being totally shit

Poor man’s Demarai Gray

popillius

My sentiments exactly. I've seen him play numerous times and he's a nuisance but nothing special at all. If we spent upwards of £25m on him I have a feeling Rangers would be laughing all the way to the bank.

Skitzo

My interest in him was he is still young and relatively cheap but £20m would be the absolute maximum I would want us to pay for him, Nacho seems to be finding his feet under Rodgers and providing able back up to Vardy so spend big on a goal scoring wide player such as Zaha, not someone like Bowen, someone ready to go and proven in the premier league

H T B

If we are looking for a player, to play on the left, scores goals and grafts bloody well, take a look at the Arsenal number 14.
Or even Martial at Man U
Come on, let’s go toe to toe with the big guns :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669