Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not been too bothered about lack of signings as I have lost interest to some degree, however, it is looking pretty poor at the moment.

We are so far away from being able to compete on two fronts.

Not been too bothered about lack of signings as I have lost interest to some degree, however, it is looking pretty poor at the moment.

We are so far away from being able to compete on two fronts.
The beginning of the season seems a bit of a non event again on the current climate.

difficult to get too worked up about, I agree.

Ollie Watkins has signed for Villa. That's intersting, he had a really good last season. Have we missed out?
Possibly. But none of us would be excited by the signing of Neil Maupay and he had a really good season at Brentford too.

From what i saw of Watkins he seemed a good level headed bloke but could be accused of being a bottle job (exeter and brentford finals he was virtually invisible) and doesn't have a stand out feature ie pace, aggression, ridiculous finishing or skill.

I think the people around him ie Mbuemo, Benrahma, Canos etc had championsip defenders on toast and he had A LOT of chances as a result. Very much like Matty Fryatt when we were in League One.

When that level of chances dried up in the championship he didn't have the quality to take the step up: I can see the same happening to Olly Watkins at Villa, ploughing a lone furrow and surviving of scraps has done for a host of very similar big, good in the air front men over the past few season they've had in the Prem.

He will now get 17 goals and put them in 10th....

Would have liked Watkins at Leicester as I think he's got a bit of the Jamie Vardy about him in terms of work ethic but they've paid well over the odds there for a Championship striker who has only been prolific down there one season.

Re. Choudhury, it seems Brendan is not a fan. Really don't need 3 CDMs and why else sign Mendy up for another few years?

Olli watkins has got none of the Jamie Vardy about him.

Fofana about Leicester:
"This time, I can't refuse. Where I come from, the northern districts of Marseille and a not well-off family, that's not possible. I'd be crazy to say no to Leicester. This contract can change my life. I have to protect my family by keeping them safe. The sporting and financial aspects being combined, I have to say yes.
"But I am determined and mentally ready to change my life. By putting in that sum, Leicester is proving that he really wants me. It's not like I want to leave for a club where the number of central defenders is immense. It is a real sports project."

Fofana about Leicester:
"This time, I can't refuse. Where I come from, the northern districts of Marseille and a not well-off family, that's not possible. I'd be crazy to say no to Leicester. This contract can change my life. I have to protect my family by keeping them safe. The sporting and financial aspects being combined, I have to say yes.
"But I am determined and mentally ready to change my life. By putting in that sum, Leicester is proving that he really wants me. It's not like I want to leave for a club where the number of central defenders is immense. It is a real sports project."

That is quite the rant.

Doesn’t excite me. Lot of money for someone so inexperienced.

Glad to see Fofana is keen to come here. Hopefully we will finally get a CB in!

Jonathan Tah sounds a decent option too though, first time I've heard him linked with us.

Fofana...

make way make way
Fofana it’s time you knew
The village of Enderby
Is all you neeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690