Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that Tarkowski would be a perfect signing if we could get him - but it's not worth us spending £50m on him that Burnley reportedly want.

If it was a choice of £25m for Fofana or the same for Tarkowski, Tarkowski would be the obvious choice and I'm sure the club feel the same.

But for a 3rd centre back, we can't go and spend £50m.

I'm far happier bringing in for Forfana for £25m if we can then go and spend the rest on a winger.

It might seem a lot, but Tarkowski seems likely to cost a lot more and with less resale value. And like it or not, that's not our model.

This is the third transfer window in a row where we've failed to recruit effectively.

Our head of recruitments job (Congerton) is to identify targets. He then hands over the job of getting the player to Rudkin.

The problem as I see it, is that the players we're trying to sign are not appropriate signings. We're being linked with players who are prohibitively expensive for what they are. Or we're getting dragged into long running saga's which, if successful, are only so because we crumble and overpay.

I see this as strong evidence that Congerton is useless at his job. He is clearly not doing his work with players agents and clubs to ensure that targets are obtainable. He is leaving Rudkin to negotiate from a weak position.

I think we overpaid for Perez and Praet. We overpaid for Castagne too given his contractual position. Now we're known to be desperate and anyone we do sign will be either a panic buy or massively over-priced.

The skillset of Macia and Walsh are being shown to be vastly superior to Congerton.

Also, not sure how Tarkowski makes sense
Well, he's a proven PL defender who has been worth his weight in gold for his current club, is excellent at his job and has many games in this league under his belt.

You're probably right though; this guy who we don't know anything about and who has only played a handful of games in the French league makes way, way more sense. Especially for such a massive fee.

I know **** all about dealing in multi-million pound football transfers, so have no idea about how viable they are.

Well, he's a proven PL defender who has been worth his weight in gold for his current club, is excellent at his job and has many games in this league under his belt.

You're probably right though; this guy who we don't know anything about and who has only played a handful of games in the French league makes way, way more sense. Especially for such a massive fee.

I agree. He's by far the safest option. But he's going to want to be first choice. So like I said, unless we're playing 3 at the back who do you drop?

Not sure about the hype surrounding Tarkowski if he is so brilliant why is he still playing for Burnley ? If he was that great he would be at Man City, Man u, Chelski or somewhere in all honesty there is something exciting about buying someone unknown and them turning into a bargain.
And whilst we're on the Burnley subject Mcneil is also very average he is no better than Albrighton so that's a no from me

Not sure about the hype surrounding Tarkowski if he is so brilliant why is he still playing for Burnley ? If he was that great he would be at Man City, Man u, Chelski or somewhere in all honesty there is something exciting about buying someone unknown and them turning into a bargain.
And whilst we're on the Burnley subject Mcneil is also very average he is no better than Albrighton so that's a no from me
Totally right. If we see something special in a player we should wait until a big club has bought them to overpay.
If Mahrez was so good, why was he playing for Le Havre? Idiot.

So we should now go in for Ake?

He was wank because he played for Bournemouth but now he's the real ****ing deal.

Hell be frothing at the gash to come to us now.

Totally right. If we see something special in a player we should wait until a big club has bought them to overpay.
If Mahrez was so good, why was he playing for Le Havre? Idiot.
Yeah lets spunk £50 million on a player that will only go down in value and isn't any better than our current two CB, still he could replace Morgan on the bench

Personally I don't see the fuss about Tarkowski. £50m would be an absolute waste of resources. £25m would be fair but I still feel we'd be better off looking elsewhere. I also think Evans currently occupied the role of the squad's experienced CB. Soyuncu wasn't very experienced in the PREM when he stepped into Harry Maguire's shoes. Spending big on older players hasn't tended to work out too well for us but investing in young talent that we can improve has. We'd be better off going for Fofana out of the two, certainly in the longer term. Tarkowski is a player who will have no upside.

Yeah lets spunk £50 million on a player that will only go down in value and isn't any better than our current two CB, still he could replace Morgan on the bench
But long term - ie within 2 years - he has to be taking Evans’ place. Not saying 50m is a bargain but if we think we can get him for a good fee, do it ‍♂️

So we should now go in for Ake?

He was wank because he played for Bournemouth but now he's the real ****ing deal.

Hell be frothing at the gash to come to us now.

Bournemouth had a great first team and manager don't you know? All cracking players and some have even gone on to Newcastle which shows how brilliant they are. Not sure how they weren't in the top 6 tbh. Brentford is a similar mystery with all their amazing players that lost out on promotion to feckin Fulham. All Burnley players are shit though cos it's Burnley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669