Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2023 rumours thread - it's started already!

Not saying it’s rational. Just gone off him, especially with him going to Spurs. And he won’t improve Spurs if Kane ****s off to Germany.
That's fair enough.

I don't think rational is in my vocab to be honest; as is painfully obvious through my posts!

I think Winks is an excellent championship footballer. He’s still young and has something to prove, I’d imagine.

My concern is fitness, as he’s had a number of issues over the years.

As for the transfer fees, I’d take this and the Maddison signing with a grain of salt. Likely to be some complicated structuring of each deal.

I’m alright with that signing. Especially at the level we are at.
He's 27 isn't he? Thats not particularly young.

That penalty miss against Everton and the back pass against Bournemouth are my lasting memories of Maddison in a Leicester shirt, I know it's not just his fault but those two mistakes alone sent us down whilst he ****s off to another premier League club.
It was his 'nothing to worry about' attitude and statements that pissed me off. I'll be glad when he's gone and he won't be featuring in my list of favourite Foxes.

Not sure about Winks tbh and selling Maddison for £40m and then giving £10m of it back to them for Winks seems like a really shit deal.

I think it was BN who posted we should be signing players on the down and we should be looking at players on the rise instead.

Saying that though, Winks does come across as a model professional and Coady should give us some more leadership on and off the pitch so it they are the only PL 'rejects' we get then they could be shrewd signings.

Hopefully we dont fill the squad with them though as lots of PL players will probably see us as an easy opportunity to still earn a very good wage for the level of football.

Think he had his head turned during the World Cup
Wasn’t the same player that returned

Next?
I think the only thing he wanted out of last season was a place in the World Cup squad. So, he worked his bollocks off to make sure Southgate was forced to pick him. He achieved his goal and then downed tools.

Unprofessional Wanker.

I think the fans' reaction to potentially signing Coady and Winks is a sign of how this season will go.

We've become so spoilt by our time in the Prem and the success of the last 10 years, and seeing the talent of the likes of Maddison, Youri, Mahrez, Vardy, etc that it's clearly going to be hard for our fans (myself included) to adjust to the level we're now at.

Coady and Winks should both be very good signings for the Championship. But I think it's hard for us to get excited about them because a year ago we'd have turned our noses up at those deals.

This relegation feels so "sudden" in the sense that it's such a dramatic fall from where we'd been the last few years that it's still hard to adjust to our new reality.

I think it's going to be a long old season with impatient fans very quickly getting on the backs of the manager and players.
A year ago, Coady would have been a better signing than Faes.

Still would be. Faes is absolutely shite. Upgrade there at least and hopefully not as a partner in defence.

Too right. I expect Faes will continue to be absolutely shite in the Championship so any signing that means we might not have to play him is a bonus. Get Coady in and another CB to boot...

It’s a YouTube highlight video so take it for what it is.

That said, he looks really comfortable with either foot. Obviously left-footed, but plenty of good goals with his right. Likes to cut in from the right and place one with his left. Something we’ve been missing since Mahrez.

He appears to have good composure in front of goal. Some very tidy, placed finishes.

He also seems to make decent runs across the back line, but that’s harder to tell.

Not the quickest, mind.

Durable too, over 40 appearances in each of the last two seasons.

To be fair, exciting prospect.

More likely to go to Southampton?

Maddison for £40 million with us buying a player Spurs don't want who is 27 and frankly not very good is a terrible deal for Leicester, the board clearly haven't learnt anything, it's the equivalent of us buying Grealish for £40 million and Man C paying £10 million to take Vestergard.

Two immediate thoughts.

Firstly, Wolves had agreed to sell to Everton for £4.5m so quite why we're paying so much more is puzzling.

Also, surely this means that Maresca will be playing a back three. Coady is dogshit in a back four.

Two immediate thoughts.

Firstly, Wolves had agreed to sell to Everton for £4.5m so quite why we're paying so much more is puzzling.

Also, surely this means that Maresca will be playing a back three. Coady is dogshit in a back four.

£10 million for Winks and now £8:5 million for Coady two players that aren't good enough for the premier league.
Looks like the Maddison money is being pissed up the wall already

The money is irrelevant as those figures will all be made up cobblers

Just very disappointing that we’re going down the older ‘failed at Premier League level’ type of player.

Seems like we have not learned a single thing from the Bertrand/Vestergard debacle

£10 million for Winks and now £8:5 million for Coady two players that aren't good enough for the premier league.
Looks like the Maddison money is being pissed up the wall already

I'm getting flashbacks to Martin Keown and Scot Gemmill.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663