Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2023 rumours thread - it's started already!

We're a bit shit at transfers now aren't we.

£7.5m for Coady - ****ing hell!!

£17m for those two does seem like a lot - but think both are probably including more add-ons than those figures make out I'd imagine.

Also I have no idea how much Championship clubs usually spend on players these days!

But I'm not concerned by the profile types (players dropping out of the Prem) - we're in the Championship now and we can't build an entire team out of "up and comers".

It all feels very Sven to me. I.e agents looking for a pay day.
Coady sounds like the leader we need so could be good.
Winks signing is just completely uninspiring to me. Player that has done nothing for years. Not particularly young. No high ceiling and little resell value.

So what happens if we get promoted next season ? We have signed two players that aren't good enough.
I'd rather, for a change, the club dealt with the reality of the here and now.

And besides, what makes you think that players who are good enough for the Premier League (in the opinion of some) would join a Championship club?

Read with caution. This story is only being covered by news sources that have not been evaluated for good reporting practices by the independent media monitoring agencies we use to assess the quality and reliability of news outlets on our platform

Read with caution. This story is only being covered by news sources that have not been evaluated for good reporting practices by the independent media monitoring agencies we use to assess the quality and reliability of news outlets on our platform
Za Streetz Den?

True, just seems a lot when Everton had the option to buy him for £4.5m.

Yeah but we need to pay the extra for someone to make up a fourball on Seagrave golf course now Maddison has gone

His handicap is great, apparently, and he can also throw a mean dart

Worth every penny

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669