Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2022/23 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t get this. Amazing impact sub and very needed.
He’s not though, and hasn’t been for quite some time. Tete, Maddison, Praet, and arguably Ricardo if he ever gets fit are ahead of him in terms of playing on the right.

He’s long-serving, we all like him, but him not being in the squad doesn’t weaken us one bit.

I know this is just one deal (which is probably bollocks anyway). But we’ll never have a squad overhaul if we keep players based on sentiment.

Vestergaard explains reason for staying at Leicester​

Jannik Vestergaard has told a Danish TV station that he wanted to leave Leicester City this month but was unable to because of personal reasons.
The 30-year-old has made 23 appearances for the club since joining from Southampton in the summer of 2021.
He told Danish TV2: “I have not turned down a move to Hertha Berlin or anybody else because of money. That is simply not true.
“I have a special situation in my family, where we are right now expecting our second child.
“If we had come to an agreement with another club earlier in the transfer window, then my wife would have been able to make the journey with me, but now we are very close to her giving birth, so she is not allowed to travel.
“I can’t leave my pregnant wife alone in England with our other child – and soon a baby – and obviously I don’t want to be away in the first months of my baby’s life. What man could do that?”

Is that a joke story or a real one?

If that's real, what a total knobhead. What a pathetic excuse in this day and age. Utter drivel. He doesn't want to move to somewhere much closer to his and his wife's family home, where he's lived before?

On principle, I'd now leave him out of the 25 man squad. He's taking the piss.

He’s not though, and hasn’t been for quite some time. Tete, Maddison, Praet, and arguably Ricardo if he ever gets fit are ahead of him in terms of playing on the right.

He’s long-serving, we all like him, but him not being in the squad doesn’t weaken us one bit.

I know this is just one deal (which is probably bollocks anyway). But we’ll never have a squad overhaul if we keep players based on sentiment.

Maddison = fair enough. Tete = could be shit? Praet = pointless and a bit shit.
Ricardo = bless him

If that's real, what a total knobhead. What a pathetic excuse in this day and age. Utter drivel. He doesn't want to move to somewhere much closer to his and his wife's family home, where he's lived before?

You do realise that the airline doesn't give a **** if she's lived there before in terms of flying in the late stages of pregnancy...

Is your response a joke or real? He didn't say he doesn't want to move at all but more that leaving the family at this moment in time was something he doesn't feel he can do.

You do realise that the airline doesn't give a **** if she's lived there before in terms of flying in the late stages of pregnancy...

It's not fecking New Zealand. They have (better) hospitals there too you know.

A private jet with a team of medics on it would be there in an hour. It's bollocks.

Not seen any other source for this and this guy is not really legit is he?

A club legend but, like the others, his time has passed. He can't do 90 mins any more. If we're serious about rebuilding our squad, he can't really be a part of it.

Love him for his history and his attitude which has always been superb. He's done at this level though.

Hopefully Spud is better than anything we've signed in **** knows how long. Also injury free.

Vestergaard explains reason for staying at Leicester​

Jannik Vestergaard has told a Danish TV station that he wanted to leave Leicester City this month but was unable to because of personal reasons.
The 30-year-old has made 23 appearances for the club since joining from Southampton in the summer of 2021.
He told Danish TV2: “I have not turned down a move to Hertha Berlin or anybody else because of money. That is simply not true.
“I have a special situation in my family, where we are right now expecting our second child.
“If we had come to an agreement with another club earlier in the transfer window, then my wife would have been able to make the journey with me, but now we are very close to her giving birth, so she is not allowed to travel.
“I can’t leave my pregnant wife alone in England with our other child – and soon a baby – and obviously I don’t want to be away in the first months of my baby’s life. What man could do that?”
This is the stupidest thing I have read.

No way we let both Perez and Albrighton go, with just Titty coming in

That would be complete madness

Might be a chain. Leeds waiting on Zaniolo for us to get Harrison to allow Albrighton to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669