Flight control
Spotify (but you need Prem membership)
Wilco
Tweetdeck
Trapster
Bloom
Ho Hum (soon)
Tonepad is top, cheers Alex!

I'd recommend Shazam and AroundMe is pretty good.

Anybody used the Sky+ one?

My dad and Jon do, and I use the Android version and it is very handy. For some reason I can't record on C5 though, but that is a Sky thing, not the app, as I can't do it via their website either. Says it's not part of my package :icon_conf

Run Keeper is a free app that uses GPS to see how far you have walked/run/cycled etc and gives average mph along with a map of your journey.

A very goog free app imo.

The Sky TV app now I've finally got it working.
Free for the first 3 months - you can watch all Sky Sports channels along with Sky News as long as your connected to Wi-Fi. Brilliant for when the missus is watching some shit.
The picture is crystal clear.

The Sky TV app now I've finally got it working.
Free for the first 3 months - you can watch all Sky Sports channels along with Sky News as long as your connected to Wi-Fi. Brilliant for when the missus is watching some shit.
The picture is crystal clear.

What was wrong in the end. My mate is having the same problem as you.

God knows - I just sent an email to Sky giving them a right bollocking saying I would cancel all subscriptions with them(not they had actually done much wrong) in the hope that it would kick them into action.
It worked and they gave me a new pin and told me to try logging on and it worked first time.

Told you it was well worth the download. I spent Saturday morning in bed with the missus, watching Soccer AM.

Now i've had the phone a few weeks, I can comment on some of my favourite apps. I'm sorry if they've already been mentioned.

RedLaser:

Walking through HMV, and you see that DVD or XBOX game you heard was released and you're tempted to buy it. But you can't help thinking "it's probably cheaper online". Just scan the barcode and RedLaser will give you a list of the major online retailers and their prices. Just one click will send open Safari and take you to the product page for a quick purchase.

AutoStitch:

Panoramic photos on the iPhone have never been easier. Just select the photos you want, and Autostitch will put them together. Easy to use and with great results.

ColorSplash:

A great way to single out certain colours on a photograph. Just tap or run your finger to colourize the photograph.

Live Cams:

Watch some webcams or CCTV videos from around the world. Some of my favourites include the Penguin House at Tokyo Zoo, and Stuttgart Airport. Although the "Leicester" camera seems to have the seaside by it. :icon_eek:

Flixster:

Find the latest movies at the cinema, then watch the trailer and find out what time it is showing at your local theatre.

Shazam:

I think people know this one, but if you dont... Hear a song you like, but don't know what it is? Just select Shazam and hold it up to the music. Shazam will tell you the song, artist, and a link to download it.

Midomi:

Works in the same way as Shazam, but also lets you sing or hum the tune into your iPhone, and gives you a result.

iXpenseIt:

Takes a bit of getting used to, but a good finance tracker.

TripCase:

Planning a trip abroad? TripCase can help you store all of your flight and hotel details. Just enter the airline, flight number and date, and it will get the details of your flight. Also stores confirmation numbers. Does the same thing for hotels too.

Kayak:

Search online for flights and hotels. Simple as.

Told you it was well worth the download. I spent Saturday morning in bed with the missus, watching Soccer AM.

Now i've had the phone a few weeks, I can comment on some of my favourite apps. I'm sorry if they've already been mentioned.

RedLaser:

Walking through HMV, and you see that DVD or XBOX game you heard was released and you're tempted to buy it. But you can't help thinking "it's probably cheaper online". Just scan the barcode and RedLaser will give you a list of the major online retailers and their prices. Just one click will send open Safari and take you to the product page for a quick purchase.

AutoStitch:

Panoramic photos on the iPhone have never been easier. Just select the photos you want, and Autostitch will put them together. Easy to use and with great results.

ColorSplash:

A great way to single out certain colours on a photograph. Just tap or run your finger to colourize the photograph.

Live Cams:

Watch some webcams or CCTV videos from around the world. Some of my favourites include the Penguin House at Tokyo Zoo, and Stuttgart Airport. Although the "Leicester" camera seems to have the seaside by it. :icon_eek:

Flixster:

Find the latest movies at the cinema, then watch the trailer and find out what time it is showing at your local theatre.

Shazam:

I think people know this one, but if you dont... Hear a song you like, but don't know what it is? Just select Shazam and hold it up to the music. Shazam will tell you the song, artist, and a link to download it.

Midomi:

Works in the same way as Shazam, but also lets you sing or hum the tune into your iPhone, and gives you a result.

iXpenseIt:

Takes a bit of getting used to, but a good finance tracker.

TripCase:

Planning a trip abroad? TripCase can help you store all of your flight and hotel details. Just enter the airline, flight number and date, and it will get the details of your flight. Also stores confirmation numbers. Does the same thing for hotels too.

Kayak:

Search online for flights and hotels. Simple as.

I'm sure she appreciated that :icon_lol: Did you rest it on her back?

Preferring watching SoccerAM to having sex with you, that's a kick in the crotch and no mistake.

Lets not forget that I was the one who suggested watching it. After a nights heavy drinking, a bit of hanky panky was the last thing on my mind. And plus, she was asleep at first.

EDIT: Just realised I could have gone with the funnier response of "We had time during the break", if i'd been a little bit sharper.

Last edited:
I just got my iPhone (3G) today! :)

Now recommend me some apps to download for free!
Already downloaded Sky Sports Centre, Google App (don't really know what its for though!), Facebook app, and Orange Wednesdays (how does that work, not being on Orange anymore!)

Want the Sky Sports TV thing, but nothing happened when I sent "Sky" to 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669