The Jamie Vardy appreciation thread

I absolutely love this goal against Palace (5 mins 57). Chipping it over the keeper, while simultaneously beating the defender for pace and smashing it in the roof of the net. OOOF.

His story is just absurd, isn’t it? Northern Premier League champion to Premier League winner in the space of five years, via also winning the Conference and the Championship. Played for his country, scored a shitload of stunning goals and seemed To enjoy few things more than his unequalled ability to wind opposing fans up. If you had written a wildly improbable rags-to-riches football novel based in your own unlimited success fantasies, chances are it would still have been more realistic than the unexaggerated true story of Jamie Vardy.

Nothing better than seeing him set off after a pass and the whole ground knowing where the ball would end up.

I miss seeing peak Vardy so much, there will never be another one.

The blistering pace shown in that goal against West Brom. I love that one.

The Spurs and West Brom volley were just stunning.

He has been sensational.

And still he's never on the list of top ten Premier League strikers. It still isn't understood how good he actually was at his peak.

The blistering pace shown in that goal against West Brom. I love that one.

The Spurs and West Brom volley were just stunning.

He has been sensational.
I was at the West Brom volley game, albeit the away end is at the opposite end. We were convinced it was brilliant but when you watched it back and realised how cleanly he’d struck it, that’s when we knew how good it was.

I was at the West Brom volley game, albeit the away end is at the opposite end. We were convinced it was brilliant but when you watched it back and realised how cleanly he’d struck it, that’s when we knew how good it was.
I had the same thing with the volley against Spurs, it was such an unorthodox finish that it took a minute to figure out what he’d done.

He’s scored some sensational volleys, one against Stoke when Shakespeare was in charge sticks in my mind. Almost took the net off. Really cheeky lob on the run to make a mug of a young Aaron Ramsdale too. The big one against Liverpool is still the best noise I’ve ever heard a crowd make.

Still just thought of as a speed merchant though. He’ll never be romanticised to the same level players like Cantona, Zola and Bergkamp are, but I doubt he’ll give a shit.

Let us hope he gets offered a striker/coaching role before the end of the season.
I am sure he does not want to go to Saudia Arabia or China, although USA could make him an attractive offer. Is Fuchs still playing soccer out there?

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463