The Jester from Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
he werent even in the telly or in the press,just another up and coming player.
maybe he grew up or shows a different side now.

Whenever I've seen him he never looks much of a Jester,always very seriuos and no sign of a pointed hat or a comedy trumpet

Last edited:
Whenever I've seen him he never looks much of a Jester,always very seriuos and no sign of a pointed hat or a comedy trumpet

Your comment reminds me of a couple of mates from years ago.
They were huge Alex Higgins fans, and it was at a time when Steve Davis was the new kid on the block.
The hurricane always gave the impression that he hated Steve Davis and everything he stood for. Higgins the working class hero, Davis from a higher level of society.
My two mates took Higgins stance and proclaimed that they also couldnt stand Steve Davis.
One day though they got some freebie tickets to watch Steve Davis in an exhibition evening. I gave them some stick over it, and reminded them of their attitude about Davis.
When i saw them again after the exhibition, i asked them how it went and expected them to slag Davis off as usual. They wouldnt have none of it, Davis was fantastic on the night with a real sense of humour. Apparently he was nothing like the image he portrayed on the snooker table. He was cracking gags and having a laugh with the audience all evening, and my mates were totally converted.
The point of saying all this is that Mark Selby is imo a decent chap with a gsoh if you know him, but some people try to tell it another way.

The point of saying all this is that Mark Selby is imo a decent chap with a gsoh if you know him, but some people try to tell it another way.
But footyguts has met him, so the reference isn't valid, he's talking from experience :102:

But footyguts has met him, so the reference isn't valid, he's talking from experience :102:

Firstly i did say imo.
The comment you picked up on was not aimed at footyguts, it was just generally speaking.
The fact that he admits he has only met him once does not in my book qualify him to have the most valid opinion.
After all i've met you a couple of times.........and i thought you was a decent chap:icon_roll:icon_wink:icon_bigg

Firstly i did say imo.
The comment you picked up on was not aimed at footyguts, it was just generally speaking.
The fact that he admits he has only met him once does not in my book qualify him to have the most valid opinion.
After all i've met you a couple of times.........and i thought you was a decent chap:icon_roll:icon_wink:icon_bigg
You can only judge somebody on your experiences with them, not the experience of others.

But your point about pre judging people is something I think most of us are guilty of,and your point only serves to prove how wrong we can be.

That said, I used to think Eamonn Holmes was a ****. After meeting him, I am now in a position to confirm my suspicions.

You can only judge somebody on your experiences with them, not the experience of others.

But your point about pre judging people is something I think most of us are guilty of,and your point only serves to prove how wrong we can be.

That said, I used to think Eamonn Holmes was a ****. After meeting him, I am now in a position to confirm my suspicions.

Footyguts only meeting with MS was obviously when MS was young.
I think we can all act immature in our younger days, and maybe Footyguts encounter experienced some of that:102:

Footyguts only meeting with MS was obviously when MS was young.
I think we can all act immature in our younger days, and maybe Footyguts encounter experienced some of that:102:
I was more or less agreeing with you.

I think he should play in a bow tie that spins round and lights up whenever he pots a ball,if he really is the Jester fom Leicester

and he should move around the table, and play his shots, whilst sat on a unicycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669