the met

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever way you try to dress it up, they made a monumental **** up which resulted in an innocent man being summarily executed for no good reason other than he looked a bit foreign.

The orders that they had were to detain anybody that left the building he was living in, this didn't happen & the surveillance officers following him said over the radio that they weren't sure that it was the right man.

He offered no resistance on the train, had nothing about him that might have indicated he was carrying any kind of device, he was pushed back down onto the seat of the train by a cop, his hands were restrained, he was no threat to anybody.

The two firearms cops leaned over the cop who was restraining him & shot him at point blank range in the head.
That is murder, full stop.

It is irrelevant how many times they fired into him, once was too many.

I hope you all feel a lot safer.

amen :038::038::038:

But HF just doesn't just dismiss it has a 'mistake'...a 'mistake' would be issuing a Parket Ticket to a car which is parked legally.Its slightly more serious than that and before people are shot dead in cold blood I'd like the Police etc to be 110% they have the right man because that is afterall what they are paid for.We all make 'mistakes' but we are paid fortunes to make them and our 'mistakes' won't result in a Mother losing her son because of a ..'mistake'

Thats the mistake a Traffic Warden makes. I'm affraid when you carry a gun for the Met the stakes are higher. Horses for courses though, both human error. It's absolutley nothing to do with money but the suggestion they earn a fortune is ridiculous at best.

Thats the mistake a Traffic Warden makes. I'm affraid when you carry a gun for the Met the stakes are higher. Horses for courses though, both human error. It's absolutley nothing to do with money but the suggestion they earn a fortune is ridiculous at best.

all the more reason to get your info absolutely spot on before taking pop shots at innocents

all the more reason to get your info absolutely spot on before taking pop shots at innocents

Is that one of those lollipops?? :icon_lol::icon_lol:

So next time, it is a bomber and they are only 99% sure? It's too late to get the last 1% of assurance? What do you do?? Kill 1 potentially innocent man or risk the lives of hundreds of definatley innocent people?

Last edited:
Armed police get the same arms training as soldiers, my brother has helped train some. The direction given for suicide bombers was head shots untill the target hits the floor then two head shots to make sure he didn't just trip (you don't have time to check if you have hit or missed, so you keep pulling the trigger)

The people with the guns did exactly what they were expected and trained to do.

The people that gave the orders had to respond quickly, no time to second guess their judgement. Nobody would get it right all the time.

It might not be nice to think of it happening in our streets, but how many innocent people do you think get killed in the same way in war zones? When terrorist are in an area, it becomes a war zone. Its traggic but the situation means its innevitable, and if these people are going to protect us at all, we have to accept they are not perfect.

If you are in charge of a firearm then I would hope that your info would be absolutely Spot on.'Mistake':icon_roll

Is that one of those lollipops?? :icon_lol::icon_lol:

So next time, it is a bomber and they are only 99% sure? It's too late to get the last 1% of assurance? What do you do?? Kill 1 man or risk the lives of hundreds?

No its YV wears instead of Tights ;)

Armed police get the same arms training as soldiers, my brother has helped train some. The direction given for suicide bombers was head shots untill the target hits the floor then two head shots to make sure he didn't just trip (you don't have time to check if you have hit or missed, so you keep pulling the trigger)

The people with the guns did exactly what they were expected and trained to do.

The people that gave the orders had to respond quickly, no time to second guess their judgement. Nobody would get it right all the time.

It might not be nice to think of it happening in our streets, but how many innocent people do you think get killed in the same way in war zones? When terrorist are in an area, it becomes a war zone. Its traggic but the situation means its innevitable, and if these people are going to protect us at all, we have to accept they are not perfect.

What they decided he was a Terrorist in 2 minutes

If you are in charge of a firearm then I would hope that your info would be absolutely Spot on.'Mistake':icon_roll

Its heat of the moment, you dont have hours to pour over a decision ffs. They got it wrong but they did so whilst trying to protect you and me.

See tha sistuation I just posted, what would you do?

1 word answer, 'shoot' or 'dont shoot'

But HF just doesn't just dismiss it has a 'mistake'...a 'mistake' would be issuing a Parket Ticket to a car which is parked legally.Its slightly more serious than that and before people are shot dead in cold blood I'd like the Police etc to be 110% they have the right man because that is afterall what they are paid for.We all make 'mistakes' but we are paid fortunes to make them and our 'mistakes' won't result in a Mother losing her son because of a ..'mistake'

Yes its more serious, and there is a hell of a lot more pressure. More pressure than any human being can be expected to handle without error. The parking ticket would be careless, as would allowing a suicide bomber to detinate while you check his photo.

you have half a second to make the call, a traffic warden can take his time.

Ridiculous comparrison IMO

Its heat of the moment, you dont have hours to pour over a decision ffs. They got it wrong but they did so whilst trying to protect you and me.

Durham you seem to be mistaking real life for one of your X-Box games.

Yes its more serious, and there is a hell of a lot more pressure. More pressure than any human being can be expected to handle without error. The parking ticket would be careless, as would allowing a suicide bomber to detinate while you check his photo.

you have half a second to make the call, a traffic warden can take his time.

Ridiculous comparrison IMO

And they are paid and accept the job knowing that they will be under the pressure.Theuy ****ed up and someone has to be held be responsible and it not just brushed under the carpet because it was a ...mistake:icon_roll

What they decided he was a Terrorist in 2 minutes

How long do you think it would take. how many known or suspected terrorist are there? and how many are there that the authorities have not identified?

2 Minutes, Hundreds of lives, 1 decision.

I'm Impressed they don't get it wrong more often.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/629/629/7073125.stm

Slide 9

0943: Ivor could not positively identify DM but said he had "Mongolian eyes". Yes they were looking for swarthy looking blokes.

0947: The Operations room identify DM as not being the suspect Osman and the commander of the operation then asks why is DM still being followed?

Ivor and his team had the information but chose to go ahead anyway. :102:

And they are paid and accept the job knowing that they will be under the pressure.Theuy ****ed up and someone has to be held be responsible and it not just brushed under the carpet because it was a ...mistake:icon_roll

I expect them to study the error and learn from it. who would you put a new, inexperienced person on the job everytime a mistake was made? would that be safer?

You seem to be unable to make the decision even with the benefit of time on your side. Something an armed officer doesnt have. 'Shoot' or 'dont shoot'??

Bet you had loved to have been him,in the bullet proof vest and all the gear,protecting your country's citizens against pure evil:icon_lol:

Does that make it any easier? Someone has to do the job of protecting the countries people from terrorists or maybe we just let them roam free killing thousands incase some makes a mistake trying to stop them?

Can you give me another word you feel more appropriate to mistake? Presumably if it isnt a mistake they intended to kill an innocent man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669