The Open Championship 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive had a £2 e/w bet on di marco at 40's

He's now two behind the leader Harrington.

Backed him each-way and at 50/1 to be Top Rest of The World Player so I won in the end.Been backing Romero for a while in Tournemants can be a bit wayward occasionally which proved his indoing today.:102:
Garcia and Harrington are a pair of 'Bottlers' they were trying to give the Tournemant to each other

Backed him each-way and at 50/1 to be Top Rest of The World Player so I won in the end.Been backing Romero for a while in Tournemants can be a bit wayward occasionally which proved his indoing today.:102:
Garcia and Harrington are a pair of 'Bottlers' they were trying to give the Tournemant to each other

Didnt Romero bottle it then:102:

Who would back an Argy anyway:icon_roll

At last a European winner, shame that I put all my vcash on Garcia :mad:

Relying on a positive result in the test tomorrow to give me some back!!

Didnt Romero bottle it then:102:

Who would back an Argy anyway:icon_roll

So you don't follow your judgement just because of their nationality ?:icon_roll I watch a lot of Golf and Harrington and Garcia are renowned Bottlers.Harrington about shat himself on the 18th the first time when it dawned on him he might win a Major and then Garcia did the same when he realised Harrington had handed to him on a plate.Thats the first time Romero has been in the situation to actually win a Tour Event let alone a Major,he will learn from it...its hardly bottling it

Last edited:
I watched the last few holes on the BBC website, but they turned the streaming video off after 18 holes so I couldn't watch the play-off, feckin idiots.

It was a bit of an anti climax IMO,when Garcia missed the putt to win the Championship on the 18 th it was like it dawned on him that he wasn't going to win.His tee shot on the first play off hole was like he was just trying to keep the ball in play,ultra-safe

Last edited:
So you don't follow your judgement just because of their nationality ?:icon_roll I watch a lot of Golf and Harrington and Garcia are renowned Bottlers.Harrington about shat ihimself on the 18th the first time when it dawned on him he might win a Major and then Garcia did the same when he realised Harrington had handed to him on a plate.Thats the first time Romero has been in the situation to actually win a Tour Event let alone a Major,he will learn from it...its hardly bottling it

I would suggest that Harrington didnt bottle it. He played a superb final round and was one of half a dozen players who faultered on a very tricky last hole. He then was excellent again through the play-off holes and won because he played percentages down the last hole.

As for the Argies, i have never liked them and never will. Fact.

I would suggest that Harrington didnt bottle it. He played a superb final round and was one of half a dozen players who faultered on a very tricky last hole. He then was excellent again through the play-off holes and won because he played percentages down the last hole.

As for the Argies, i have never liked them and never will. Fact.

He has thrown away numerous winning chances in the Past in many tournemants ,I know I've backed him in them.He won because Garcia is a bigger Bottler than Harrington is ...IMO
Very tricky hole..he hit it in the burn once and instead of laying up short with his next shot what did he do? hit it in the burn again :icon_roll. Why did he not play ''percentages'' down the 18th the first time ?Anyway I like Harrington pleased for him,decent bloke:102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566