The Open Championship 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has thrown away numerous winning chances in the Past in many tournemants ,I know I've backed him in them.He won because Garcia is a bigger Bottler than Harrington is ...IMO
Very tricky hole..he hit it in the burn once and instead of laying up short with his next shot what did he do? hit it in the burn again :icon_roll. Why did he not play ''percentages'' down the 18th the first time ?Anyway I like Harrington pleased for him,decent bloke:102:

Totally different scenario. When Harrington came down the 18th first time round, Garcia was playing the hole behind and at that stage didnt know what was required for him to win it. Dont see how you can call Harrington a bottler when he only played one bad hole:102:. He didnt bottle the play-off holes, and anyway i would say he was entitled to a few nerves being in that position.

Totally different scenario. When Harrington came down the 18th first time round, Garcia was playing the hole behind and at that stage didnt know what was required for him to win it. Dont see how you can call Harrington a bottler when he only played one bad hole:102:. He didnt bottle the play-off holes, and anyway i would say he was entitled to a few nerves being in that position.

Because like I said I watch a lot of Golf and he has bottled it in the past in a good few tournemants.
If I said Harrington wasnt I think you'd say he was anyway.

Last edited:
Because like I said I watch a lot of Golf and he has bottled it in the past in a good few tournemants.
If I said Harrington wasnt I think you'd say he was anyway.

Maybe so, but not today:icon_wink.

Regarding your interpretation of me being contradictory you are way off the mark. If imo i deem your argument to be flawed i will contest it. Simple as.

Maybe so, but not today:icon_wink.

Regarding your interpretation of me being contradictory you are way off the mark. If imo i deem your argument to be flawed i will contest it. Simple as.

You are basing your argument around Harringtons performance yesterday in the Open,mine is based on watching him and seeing him bottle it in a good few Tournemants.Now he has won one Major it may well help him close out other Tournemants,it definately helped that his nearest competitor was Garcia who is a bigger choker than Harrington andthus made it easier for him without a doubt
Can't be arsed arguing anymore,never going to agree:102:

Thanks to this discussion I had a quid each way on Romero at 50/1 for the PGA.....first round he hit an 81 :icon_evil

My other bets Di Marco (79) and Mickelson (73) didn't do much better either :icon_roll

anything doing for the US?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570