The Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky79

Were extremely visible up until the last 2 months and since then we've heard and seen virtually nothing from them.....Do we think they are sharpening the hatchet or planning their escape route???

I mean 'talking about their 'vision', extolling the virtues of new players, giving interviews, talking up plans for the future. At the moment they are neither supporting the manager, saying that 'he had a lot to do' after Eriksson, or making noises about a war chest for next year. Doesn't fill me with confidence.....

Maybe they've worked out that the best thing to do is to concentrate on running the club rather than giving interviews and to let the manager get on with things?

Why does everything always have to be part of some grand conspiracy at Leicester City?

I believe that the son has been away for some of that time taking part in a Polo tournament or such like. As for them taking a lower profile I am firmly of the view that if you've nothing to say don't say it.

As for them taking a lower profile I am firmly of the view that if you've nothing to say don't say it.

Obviously not a principle we want to apply on this forum.

Personally I think that the current situation will end in tears - but that's a million miles from having any idea of timescale or the precise way events will occur. My guess is that on a scale of 1-10 that their satisfaction levels will be at the lower end.

Both Mandaric and the Thais have been a lot quieter under Pearson's reign, and rightly so.

Maybe they've worked out that the best thing to do is to concentrate on running the club rather than giving interviews and to let the manager get on with things?

Maybe they've realised they're no good at running a club and they're leaving up to other people?

Maybe they are taking a public stance and staying away in protest over the Budget?

Maybe they are hanging around showers hoping to wake up in one and pretend the whole sorry mess was just a bad dream?

If only we knew...

Both Mandaric and the Thais have been a lot quieter under Pearson's reign, and rightly so.

Why? He that pays the piper, and all that. I am not saying that I think that they're the most knowledgeable football people, but I do think that they have a pretty strong case to say whatever they want.

Why? He that pays the piper, and all that. I am not saying that I think that they're the most knowledgeable football people, but I do think that they have a pretty strong case to say whatever they want.

Of course they have the right. I have the right to say what I want to as well, doesn't mean that I should. Part of the reason that fan expectation is so high is because of the media coverage from the owners at the beginning and it hasn't helped our cause. I will be interested to see if there is the same level of hype with Pearson in charge.

Of course they have the right. I have the right to say what I want to as well, doesn't mean that I should. Part of the reason that fan expectation is so high is because of the media coverage from the owners at the beginning and it hasn't helped our cause. I will be interested to see if there is the same level of hype with Pearson in charge.

I'm sorry, I am honestly not attacking you, but you are voicing views that have been circulating for a while and are getting worryingly near to unquestionable truisms.

I am not at all sure why the injection of cash, and an expectation of a rapid return, is so bad. Manchester City have managed to put a brave face on the tribulations of such pressure and I, for one (and perhaps the only one!) would rather have this excitement, than the new wave of, "enjoy mediocrity and everything will be great tomorrow". I asked, earlier, about teams that have taken this long road to success and the responses indicated, to me, that, nowadays, it is much less of a foregone conclusion than we are trying to convince ourselves that it still is. In the twenty-first century, football teams are rich men's toys. How many teams have any more connection to their local community than their names?

It is Songkran next week. :icon_wink

What is there to say? Quite clearly they'd have wanted to have been much closer to the top 2 than we are for the level of investment that they made. If they were to come out and say as such it would only fill us with more doom and dread that the plug could be pulled. Do we really want them to come out and back Pearson? Votes of confidence for managers is taken with a large pinch of salt these days and therefore would our fans truly believe it if it was given?

I expect a smaller transfer kitty for next season but still larger than the vast majority in the league and we'll have a similar wage budget. However, again if they were to say as such, a lot of fans would expect it to mean that they are either looking for a way out or losing interest when neither are necessarily true. I think it is not a bad thing that they aren't making statements about the club at the moment.

I expect a smaller transfer kitty for next season but still larger than the vast majority in the league and we'll have a similar wage budget. However, again if they were to say as such, a lot of fans would expect it to mean that they are either looking for a way out or losing interest when neither are necessarily true. I think it is not a bad thing that they aren't making statements about the club at the moment.

The introduction of the Financial Fair Play Rules for Championship clubs has been agreed, so we need to start cutting the wage bill in the summer to reduce the % of wages to turnover.

Look at last years promoted clubs figures and their relative success QPR (183%) and in relegation position, Norwich (47%) are safe - it is feasible to cut the wage bill & have success, the key to success is being able to offload the high wage earners who don't feature in the managers plans

Last edited:
The introduction of the Financial Fair Play Rules for Championship clubs has been agreed, so we need to start cutting the wage bill in the summer to reduce the % of wages to turnover.

Look at last years promoted clubs figures and their relative success QPR (183%) and in relegation position, Norwich (47%) are safe - it is feasible to cut the wage bill & have success, the key to success is being able to offload the high wage earners who don't feature in the managers plans
How can there be financial fair play when a proportion of the clubs have parachute payments? What timescale is this going to take? Any link to the details?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566