The Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder whether the owners feel it is in their own and that of the manager, for them to stay out of the way and keep a low profile. There is obvious frustration at the lack of success this season and I am certain were they present at matches it would just raise the possibility of negativity from sections of the supporters and make things increasingly difficult.

IMO Pearson was bought in to undo a lot of the damage caused by Sven in particular the need to shift the under performing top earners with a view bringing the club in line with FFP rules.

IMO Pearson was bought in to undo a lot of the damage caused by Sven in particular the need to shift the under performing top earners with a view bringing the club in line with FFP rules.

Do you have any evidence for that, or is it just a hunch? I would have thought that November was a little early for them to be getting cold feet about promotion. Everything in the press (and surely, you believe their every pronouncement!) indicated that Pearson's job was promotion this season and he has been at great pains to say that this is STILL his aim, when the fans know it to be a forlorn hope.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maybe not specifically about the FFP rules but the generality of throwing money at the situation not working. Certainly, they would have known that Pearson has a very different style to Sven - and he was brought in to see if this would work better.

Hard work and organisation seems to work well enough for clubs who have spent a fraction of our outlay.

I wonder whether the owners feel it is in their own and that of the manager, for them to stay out of the way and keep a low profile. There is obvious frustration at the lack of success this season and I am certain were they present at matches it would just raise the possibility of negativity from sections of the supporters and make things increasingly difficult.

They have been present at matches; the thai tv coverage always made sure they were shown during the match.

So everybody flies off to Cyprus to decide to spend less money.

is this anything to do with not having to purchase season tickets so early this year?
I doubt it. I guess it's more to do with the fact that until recently there was an outside chance of making the play-offs, so they would not be 100% certain of which division we would be in. I would not be surprised if they went on sale next week.

I heard the owners are staying away until PEARSON stops headbutting and falling out with everyone. They're only little fellas and he's a big bully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669