The Talking Balls Book Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished Red Dragon by Thomas Harris, might go straight into Silence of the Lambs or go for something a little more light hearted.

Currently working my way through Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets. Never read them as a kid, so i thought i'd make up for lost time.

It would be much more dramatic if i hadn't already seen the first two films. Still, enjoying it none the less.

Currently working my way through Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets. Never read them as a kid, so i thought i'd make up for lost time.

It would be much more dramatic if i hadn't already seen the first two films. Still, enjoying it none the less.

the books are better than the films, you'll find that when you get to the half blood prince you'll have a lot more detailed information than was in the film, which will help explain the blank spots the film created :icon_bigg

the books are better than the films, you'll find that when you get to the half blood prince you'll have a lot more detailed information than was in the film, which will help explain the blank spots the film created :icon_bigg

:mad:

At the film, not you

I hear they've missed out another key chapter from the book in the new film, but thats not a concern to me as of yet :D.

Only got about 50 pages left in Chamber. Has anyone read the Hitchhikers Guide?

I hated HBP... came out the cinema fuming at what they've left out and glossed over which is important to the plotlines of the last book.

Yes, it's all well and good them saying they've made the last book into two films so they don't miss owt out, but when they've already left IMPORTANT stuff out of the last two films and bloody changed some of the storyline it's not going to make a fig of difference to people who have read the books......not that the film producers care about those, I mean, the ones who can't be arsed to read them won't know or probably care at what's missing.

They could've kept the lovey dovey crappy stuff to a minimum and concentrate on Snape's background, the important stuff about Voldermort's childhood and Horcrux history, Sirius' bro and Kreacher and more importantly... NOT FECK UP DUMBDLEDORE'S DEATH SCENE THE WAY THEY DID!!

Oh yeah and they could've not done the stupid bit where they burnt down The Burrow, seeing as it features quite a damn bit in the first third of the last book......but then seeing as they'vbe got to introduce several characters in a rushed sort of way in the last film who have featured several times in the books already......

oh I'm sure for the fans of the books the last two films will make a brilliant version* of the written story.....

* more like hot-potched and sewn together in a crappy way that works if you haven't read the book but will infuriate you if you have......

Last edited:
I've only seen one trailer - is there another?? :icon_eek:

I dont think its this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MahTKZDHXaA

There is one that covers the first of the last two films, which came out first, and then the one here that covers both of the last two films.

I hated HBP... came out the cinema fuming at what they've left out and glossed over which is important to the plotlines of the last book.

Yes, it's all well and good them saying they've made the last book into two films so they don't miss owt out, but when they've already left IMPORTANT stuff out of the last two films and bloody changed some of the storyline it's not going to make a fig of difference to people who have read the books......not that the film producers care about those, I mean, the ones who can't be arsed to read them won't know or probably care at what's missing.

They could've kept the lovey dovey crappy stuff to a minimum and concentrate on Snape's background, the important stuff about Voldermort's childhood and Horcrux history, Sirius' bro and Kreacher and more importantly... NOT FECK UP DUMBDLEDORE'S DEATH SCENE THE WAY THEY DID!!

Oh yeah and they could've not done the stupid bit where they burnt down The Burrow, seeing as it features quite a damn bit in the first third of the last book......but then seeing as they'vbe got to introduce several characters in a rushed sort of way in the last film who have featured several times in the books already......

oh I'm sure for the fans of the books the last two films will make a brilliant version* of the written story.....

* more like hot-potched and sewn together in a crappy way that works if you haven't read the book but will infuriate you if you have......

Agree completely. However judging by the trailer I posted above it looks like they are doing the Tottenham Court Road scene, ergo I assume they are doing the wedding scene, which makes the burning scene even more ridiculous?

I noticed they've only cast someone to play Bill and no one for Charlie.

I know it doesnt matter much butit annoys me. A nd I'm worried how they will do the death scenes for the characters who die, or will they just ignore them?

I can't wait for the films to come out, but at the same time I'm dreading what will be done to them!

I noticed they've only cast someone to play Bill and no one for Charlie.

I know it doesnt matter much butit annoys me. A nd I'm worried how they will do the death scenes for the characters who die, or will they just ignore them?

I can't wait for the films to come out, but at the same time I'm dreading what will be done to them!

Pretty much how I feel. The Dumbledore death scene in HBP was the most annoying scene conversion I have seen in a film, especially the "shush" from Snape as he saw Harry.

Pretty much how I feel. The Dumbledore death scene in HBP was the most annoying scene conversion I have seen in a film, especially the "shush" from Snape as he saw Harry.

they'll probably cut a few of the deaths out knowing the useless producers/screen writers :mad:

They can't..... I mean when Hedwig and Mood die so early on, that's bad enough, but necessary for HP to feel that loss, but really, they can't cut any of them out( I think I'll need a tissue or two at the end!)

I think we should have a TB outing to go and see it, and then we can slag it off afterwards!

They can't..... I mean when Hedwig and Mood die so early on, that's bad enough, but necessary for HP to feel that loss, but really, they can't cut any of them out( I think I'll need a tissue or two at the end!)

I think we should have a TB outing to go and see it, and then we can slag it off afterwards!

I wanna see it in 3D and it best not disappoint me :icon_lol:

Creating a screenplay from a novel is never an easy process. It would be absolutely impossible to faithfully reproduce a book, unless you want to have a film that is 12 hours or more long. Compromises have to be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669