Things that piss you off

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is it with ambulance drivers all of a sudden?

Now and again you hear a siren from a fire engine or a police car, but ambulances are taking the piss.

It's virtually impossible to go anywhere around the City of Leicester at the moment without having your ears battered by some trumped up paramedic thinking he's in Starsky & Hutch.

Surely it's not always necessary?

When you have a heart attack, make sure you tell the 999 operator that you don't want the ambulance to use its siren :icon_bigg

What is it with ambulance drivers all of a sudden?

Now and again you hear a siren from a fire engine or a police car, but ambulances are taking the piss.

It's virtually impossible to go anywhere around the City of Leicester at the moment without having your ears battered

Maybe it's cos all the ****s that have their ghetto boxes in the car so frigging loud that the Ambulance people want to be noticed above.:102:

Maybe it's cos all the ****s that have their ghetto boxes in the car so frigging loud that the Ambulance people want to be noticed above.:102:

But how will the honies and the gangsta know where you are if there's no tunes?

Ghetto boxes? Are they anything like car stereos?

Does it matter?:icon_roll

Well, only if you want people to understand what you're on about.
Other than that, absolutely not, nothing matters.

'Ghetto box' is like something me Grandad would come out with and I understand very little of what he's saying most of the time

Well, only if you want people to understand what you're on about.
Other than that, absolutely not, nothing matters.

'Ghetto box' is like something me Grandad would come out with and I understand very little of what he's saying most of the time

Well when you have a habit of trying to be as contraversial with every post as you can Macky, how is the originator supposed to know when you are being serious or not?

It's a bit like crying wolf!

Well when you have a habit of trying to be as contraversial with every post as you can Macky, how is the originator supposed to know when you are being serious or not?

It's a bit like crying wolf!

Even if I was to accept that I do have a habit of trying to be 'contraversial' as you put it, that still makes no sense.
Originators? Wolves? Serious? What?

I'm quite partial to a bit of ghetto box every once in a while...

Visa. Forcing everyone with one of their shitty cards to use their unreliable and insecure security measure Verified by Visa.

****s.

Just spent 43 minutes on the phone to some poor lass at Barclays because the VbyV window decided that the information I provided didn't match what my bank had on record. This could mean one of four things:

1. I cannot type my card details into a simple online payment form. This is unlikely given that I'm not a chimpanzee with learning difficulties.
2. I cannot spell my own surname. This is unlikely because it's seven letters long and I've had it for nearly 27 years.
3. I got my date of birth wrong. This is unlikely considering not only do I know when I was born, but I also am reminded of it every time I look at any piece of identification I have.
4. Verified by Visa is a poorly-executed piece of shit. This is the only realistic answer, and the one with the most evidence backing it up.

And banks can **** off an' all.

Visa. Forcing everyone with one of their shitty cards to use their unreliable and insecure security measure Verified by Visa.

****s.

Just spent 43 minutes on the phone to some poor lass at Barclays because the VbyV window decided that the information I provided didn't match what my bank had on record. This could mean one of four things:

1. I cannot type my card details into a simple online payment form. This is unlikely given that I'm not a chimpanzee with learning difficulties.
2. I cannot spell my own surname. This is unlikely because it's seven letters long and I've had it for nearly 27 years.
3. I got my date of birth wrong. This is unlikely considering not only do I know when I was born, but I also am reminded of it every time I look at any piece of identification I have.
4. Verified by Visa is a poorly-executed piece of shit. This is the only realistic answer, and the one with the most evidence backing it up.

:038:

Couldn't agree more, it's a huge pile of horse shit.

What is it? I've had a Visa card for years and I've never heard of it.

It's 3-D Secure, which is supposed to be an optional feature to add an extra layer of security but in fact:
a) encourages users to fill personal details into pop-up windows which are served from domains not related to the website they happen to be using, Visa or Mastercard's websites, or the card issuing bank's website;
b) occasionally makes it impossible to complete legitimate transactions;
c) is impossible to opt out of; and
d) occasionally results in duplicated transactions owing to the fact that the card is charged BEFORE you verify the legitimacy of the transaction via password and the fact that the protocol often doesn't recognise passwords even if they're correct. Worse, the failed payments are often not refunded to your account for two weeks - this happened to me with one payment a year or so back. I was attempting to buy a train ticket, and I had enough in my account for one ticket and another bill that was due. I attempted to buy the ticket, it appeared to have failed. I called Virgin Trains and booked over the phone, and all was fine until the other bill was called from my account. Of course, this caused me to be overdrawn and triggered a raft of charges on my account.

Again: ****s.

****s.

:038:

Couldn't agree more, it's a huge pile of horse shit.
Every sodding time, I write down the new password that I have had to set up, and the next time I make an online payment, that new password is wrong.

Every. Sodding. Time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670