This Is England

Status
Not open for further replies.
just watched this big thumbs up for me on the whole but found ending slightly dissapointing 8/10

Where the feck is showing it? Nearest I can find to me is Dudley :icon_conf

3 cinemas in Notts, Duzz. I was gonna go on Wednesday, I text my mate and he said he'd go on the assumption we were watching it in Leics. When I met him and said we'd have to go on the train. He couldn't asked and we left. When the car insurance is down, I'll pop to Notts to watch it then.

Not seen it yet but can't wait. I was working in Glasgow when it was on at the London film festival and working in London when it was on at the Glasgow Film festival.

24/7 (Bob Hoskins does a decent Nottingham accent in it) and "A room for Romeo Brass" are two excellent films by Meadows as well but avoid "Once upon a time in the Midlands" its his worst film by a long way.

Not seen it yet but can't wait. I was working in Glasgow when it was on at the London film festival and working in London when it was on at the Glasgow Film festival.

24/7 (Bob Hoskins does a decent Nottingham accent in it) and "A room for Romeo Brass" are two excellent films by Meadows as well but avoid "Once upon a time in the Midlands" its his worst film by a long way.

Meadows reckon ''Once Upon A Time In The Midlands'' was never the film he intended. The production/distributon company fecked round with the script and when Meadows insist on a decent-sized budget, they brought a number of Brit starts (who weren't interested or suited to the role) and it crumbled.

Dead Man Shoes got him back in the big time. I understand he had probelms on This Is England on what ''cut'' the production firm wanted to be released. But he got his way.

Watching some prog the other night, he intends to make a film called King Of The Gypos but it would take a big-ish budget as it would be set in 3 different periods. He's hoping This Is England makes it big and then he can go ahead with Gypos.

Meadows reckon ''Once Upon A Time In The Midlands'' was never the film he intended. The production/distributon company fecked round with the script and when Meadows insist on a decent-sized budget, they brought a number of Brit starts (who weren't interested or suited to the role) and it crumbled.

Yeah I saw this on the extras of Dead Mans shoes, which are brilliant. The director's commentary with Meadows and Paddy Considine is really good too. Just wanted to warn people off the Once Upon a Time in the Midlands because all his other films are great.

This has inspired me to go and see the film today. Got laid off from work a while back and the missus is out tonight so I've got nowt better to do than watch the 16:15 showing in Dalston.

its on in tamworth if it helps

cant understand the reasoning behind the cinemas selected.

Well Tamworth and Burton are right next to where the film is set and where the director grew up and is from.

None of cinemas in Leicester were willing to take it on because of Spiderman coming up which will probably take up about 4 screen per multiplex.

the phoenix should have had it

Well Tamworth and Burton are right next to where the film is set and where the director grew up and is from.

Hazz do you know where the film is set because I was trying to figure it out. There are two scenes right by the sea which means it can't be shot in Uttoxeter but everyone apart from two of the characters have East Midlands accents.

At the start of the film a Yorkshire Film logo was flashed up but I didn't hang around at the end to find out where it was filmed.

Hazz do you know where the film is set because I was trying to figure it out. There are two scenes right by the sea which means it can't be shot in Uttoxeter but everyone apart from two of the characters have East Midlands accents.

At the start of the film a Yorkshire Film logo was flashed up but I didn't hang around at the end to find out where it was filmed.

All I know is that certain scenes were filmed in Uttoxeter and Long Eaton because on the prog. I watched he'd led the film crew around Uttoxeter showign his location.

That's all I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670