Title Challenge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jittery! Jittery! Are there Ambramovichs hiding on here?

Who, in their right mind would today sell their house and bet £91,000 on City winning at less than 3-1?

Having said that, I would not have put £50 on in the first place, maybe a fiver, so a big well done to the guy for loyalty and hope, or maybe being completely daft!

Now I preface my reply with the knowing comment that my record of football betting isn't the finest, but . . .

I don't agree with this proposition at all. That isn't the position. The actual position is the person took £72k and gave up the chance of £178k more for what is a pretty unique even money bet from here on in.

I only accept taking the money makes sense if the person concerned is in desperate need of money. Otherwise, he's bottled it. He's already bottled £19k for the sake of one game. The offer wouldn't have reduced to the same extent had we lost.

I think the offer will only get better the longer the season goes on, even if we lost a couple. Only if it genuinely looked like we were going badly wrong would it be the right decision and then it should not be made before mid-April.

This isn't a game of Deal of no Deal. The situation is totally different.

The other point I'd make is about this being an opportunity that will not be repeated. He's given up his best chance of making serious money for the sake of paying off the mortgage and a holiday in Spain. That's not something anyone is taking into account but is the main issue for me. If you've got an even money chance at £250k, you don't bottle it for 29% of the bet.

If you're that kind of person, you shouldn't be putting the bet on in the first place.

Now I preface my reply with the knowing comment that my record of football betting isn't the finest, but . . .

I don't agree with this proposition at all. That isn't the position. The actual position is the person took £72k and gave up the chance of £178k more for what is a pretty unique even money bet from here on in.

I only accept taking the money makes sense if the person concerned is in desperate need of money. Otherwise, he's bottled it. He's already bottled £19k for the sake of one game. The offer wouldn't have reduced to the same extent had we lost.

I think the offer will only get better the longer the season goes on, even if we lost a couple. Only if it genuinely looked like we were going badly wrong would it be the right decision and then it should not be made before mid-April.

This isn't a game of Deal of no Deal. The situation is totally different.

The other point I'd make is about this being an opportunity that will not be repeated. He's given up his best chance of making serious money for the sake of paying off the mortgage and a holiday in Spain. That's not something anyone is taking into account but is the main issue for me. If you've got an even money chance at £250k, you don't bottle it for 29% of the bet.

If you're that kind of person, you shouldn't be putting the bet on in the first place.

Post of the year. Spot on BN.

I just think that anyone who has the money to bet £50 on something that no one could have foreseen to happen, and at the time was literally throwing £50 away, would be pretty well off.

Yes I know now that it was a sensible bet, but surely no one could have possibly thought it was anything other than throwing their money away, at the time of placing the bet?

Leicester City: Premier League 'table' over past 38 games.

Five points clear in this season's real standings, find themselves even further ahead at the top of the table, with an 11-point lead over Manchester City.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35739231

Scooooooop

Bollocks to scoopage. It's worth looking at again and again.

Nar! ...this can't be right, you cant trust the BBC. I've already seen the myriad of galleries of selfies taken by the plucky glorious victorious gallactic-hoe gun boys after they won the premier league world cup by thrashing the might of the ultra-mega-expensive Lineker-backed Leicester City at the money hole in narf lundun a couple of weeks ago...!!! Its all over ...it went 'up the Arses'!

Someone's windin' you up boys... get a grip! :rolleyes:

Ramsey would be a big big loss for them... also noticed Eric Dier for Spurs is one booking off a two match ban as he's on 9 yellows for the season.

And by winning tonight they've created a bit more fixture indigestion for themselves... which means more opportunities to pick up more cards and injuries ...but I'm a bit disappointed they now won't be taking on West Bomb on Sunday, just as Pulis's boys seem to hitting a bit of form. I had expected Arses to drop a couple more points there. Still, a win for us on Monday will see us 11 points ahead of them. At this stage... a nice psychological kick in the skin!

Fifteen years ago tomorrow, we were riding high in the league and taking on Wycombe in the Quarter Final of the FA Cup

We bottled it.

We then had ten Premier League games to play and we lost nine of them.

Let's all keep our feet on the ground. This is Leicester City we're talking about.

Fifteen years ago tomorrow, we were riding high in the league and taking on Wycombe in the Quarter Final of the FA Cup

We bottled it.

We then had ten Premier League games to play and we lost nine of them.

Let's all keep our feet on the ground. This is Leicester City we're talking about.

Are you sure thats correct? Even if it is, this season is very different to that. Currently with nine games to go we sit top with a five point gap between us and second and on 60 points.

That season we weren't nearly as consistent and had already been faltering well before the awful loss to Wycombe. We finished on 48 points after 38 games.

Whilst I agree with you BN that we need to stay grounded and hold champions league talk until season end, this season and the dreaded one 15 years ago, are very different.

Are you sure thats correct? Even if it is, this season is very different to that. Currently with nine games to go we sit top with a five point gap between us and second and on 60 points.

That season we weren't nearly as consistent and had already been faltering well before the awful loss to Wycombe. We finished on 48 points after 38 games.

Whilst I agree with you BN that we need to stay grounded and hold champions league talk until season end, this season and the dreaded one 15 years ago, are very different.

We were one point behind third place with a game in hand at the time.

I fully agree that the situation is different but it is an example of how things can go wrong if the belief evaporates.

I used the example in an attempt to calm people down a bit. Nine games is a long time and much can still happen.

I was a season ticket holder at the time of the 'Ice Kings', I remember the meltdown very well, so your right BN nine games is a lot of football. We tried to console ourselves all those years ago with the view that we would have settled for fifth place at the start of the season, it didn't help the massive feeling of disappointment. So one game at a time, lets not get in front of ourselves like the Arsenal players and supporters did when they beat us a couple of weeks ago. Look what has happened since then and didn't they deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669