Title Challenge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only once in the last 35 years has the title been won outside of London/North West.

Leeds 1992.

Last Midlands winner was Villa in 1981.

Fifteen years ago tomorrow, we were riding high in the league and taking on Wycombe in the Quarter Final of the FA Cup

We bottled it.

We then had ten Premier League games to play and we lost nine of them.

Let's all keep our feet on the ground. This is Leicester City we're talking about.

I completely agree. When I look at the fixture list I can still see a scenario where we will lose 5 or 6 in a row. That is despite all the evidence and logic to the contrary.

We got a huge helping hand from Wet Spam with a couple of games to go.

Do Arsenal & Spurs have to play them in the run-in ?

Actually that's garbage, you don't win the title by luck.
We were the best team in 92 and Leicester should do it likewise this season.

Straight up, like many out there we'd love the Foxes to do it.

...or that Everton & Chelsea players will already be on holiday by the time we meet. They have **** all to play for, and they've hardly been awesome when they had.

Everton at home is the easiest game in the run

I am willing to be on the show if I can have my own dressing room and am featured performing my job of milking a range of animals for their semen.

Failing that, the gig should go to the club's No.1 fan - someone who embodies everything we now are: Nweets.

Everton at home is the easiest game in the run

Everton away would have been better as they have only won one at home but 6 or 7 away.

Saying that, they won't have anything worthwhile to play for so hopefully they'll bring their home form with them!

They've won 4 at home and 5 away.

Haha fair enough. :oops:

Guess I should check the facts myself first as I was just going by what a colleague told me who is usually spot on so shall be fun bringing that up tmw :D

Haha fair enough. :oops:

Guess I should check the facts myself first as I was just going by what a colleague told me who is usually spot on so shall be fun bringing that up tmw :D
Are you going to infect him with the tobacco mosaic virus????

Now I preface my reply with the knowing comment that my record of football betting isn't the finest, but . . .

I don't agree with this proposition at all. That isn't the position. The actual position is the person took £72k and gave up the chance of £178k more for what is a pretty unique even money bet from here on in.

I only accept taking the money makes sense if the person concerned is in desperate need of money. Otherwise, he's bottled it. He's already bottled £19k for the sake of one game. The offer wouldn't have reduced to the same extent had we lost.

I think the offer will only get better the longer the season goes on, even if we lost a couple. Only if it genuinely looked like we were going badly wrong would it be the right decision and then it should not be made before mid-April.

This isn't a game of Deal of no Deal. The situation is totally different.

The other point I'd make is about this being an opportunity that will not be repeated. He's given up his best chance of making serious money for the sake of paying off the mortgage and a holiday in Spain. That's not something anyone is taking into account but is the main issue for me. If you've got an even money chance at £250k, you don't bottle it for 29% of the bet.

If you're that kind of person, you shouldn't be putting the bet on in the first place.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-35757616

Pochettino playing Tinkerman not getting it right by the looks of it.

Dortmund’s much-vaunted attack ripped through Pochettino’s two-man midfield pairing of Ryan Mason and Tom Carroll, with a Marco Reus brace and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang strike giving the German side an easy, 3-0 win.

Oddly, squad players like Heung-Min Son and Josh Onomah started alongside Toby Alderweireld and Christian Eriksen, making Spurs look a team that had half decided to go for it and half decided to give up and focus on the league.
......questions will be asked about Pochettino's decision to rest Eric Dier and leave Harry Kane, Mousa Dembele and Erik Lamela on the bench, particularly from 3,400 travelling fans.

Kane came on to no effect.
They must be going for the League Title now I imagine.
Aston Villa up next.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/10/totte...ion-v-borussia-dortmun-5745662/#ixzz42XJuMlWn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669