Todays Cake News

Status
Not open for further replies.

highland fox

Chocolate Marble Cake is a winner,all gone...have to go to Tescos on the way home

highland fox

Never in doubt, really

Been a bad day for Lemon Drizzle though,two or three pieces but it never really got going.Got a Pecan and Toffee in the Kitchenn could well debut tomorrow

homer

Been a bad day for Lemon Drizzle though,two or three pieces but it never really got going.Got a Pecan and Toffee in the Kitchenn could well debut tomorrow

Ooya Beauty - one right out of left field there

I betcha that gives the Marble a run for it's money

highland fox

Ooya Beauty - one right out of left field there

I betcha that gives the Marble a run for it's money

I don't know if its fair to pitch a Pecan and Toffee in when its in the middle of the season,it may need to be introduced at the backend of the season perhaps just for half a day.A day like tomorrow and just one or two pieces going could destroy its confidence...its a big decision and one I may well have to sleep on

homer

Trust me - it will fly out the door

If you sell it, they will come.....

highland fox

Trust me - it will fly out the door

If you sell it, they will come.....

I understand but that time I introduced A Victoria Sponge and it bombed still haunts me to this day

fcukcov

Have you thought about warming the cakes up so they are just hot? Bet they sell like…….errrrrrr…..can’t think of a suitable analogy.

tedfoxxx

Despite it's name, I still consider that more of a biscuit than a cake - and for that reason, it's out

Same applies to the Tunnocks Teacake, IMO - clearly a biscuit base with marshmallow stuck on top. It's out :018:

do you think there will ever be a place for the likes of jaffas and teacakes though? surely as the game develops people will become more tolerant towards them?

highland fox

Have you thought about warming the cakes up so they are just hot? Bet they sell like…….errrrrrr…..can’t think of a suitable analogy.

You poncey Southerners will your fancy dan Warm cakes:018:

Macky

Gruntled Member
Despite it's name, I still consider that more of a biscuit than a cake - and for that reason, it's out

Under common law a Jaffa cake is a cake as defined in the McVitie's Vs HM Customs & Excise case.

Chocolate covered biscuits are subject to VAT. Cakes, including Jaffa cakes, are not.

Besides, only an imbecile would call a Jaffa cake a biscuit when it is obviously a sponge based product.

Leesoh

Under common law a Jaffa cake is a cake as defined in the McVitie's Vs HM Customs & Excise case.

Chocolate covered biscuits are subject to VAT. Cakes, including Jaffa cakes, are not.

Besides, only an imbecile would call a Jaffa cake a biscuit when it is obviously a sponge based product.
:018: just "v". Could you also use italics when quoting cases in future? :icon_roll

:icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670