Tour de France 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a big fan of the TdF for a while. It's been awesome to see Froome tackling them climbs and we look like we have a new star in Quintana who I suspect may struggle to win a TdF but will win a Vuelta or Giro no problem.

I must admit despite having no issue with Team Sky and their ways; I fear Froome could be another Armstrong etc. I have found it funny seeing Contador hurt at particular stages in that regard.

Btw Sky did a feed outside the zone on Saturday's stage too. Wasn't picked up with as much coverage. Whilst there's been some great individual stages, its a shame that the jersey's haven't been more competitively fought. The King of Mountains is the only one which could be challenged and Froome is likely to give that way if Riblon (outside chance) or Quintana fancy it.

By the way, Robert Millar's blogs during the Tour have been great.

Or Pierre Rolland too. I suspect Quintana might be in too good a position in the GC to take it now, as he won't be allowed out and so he'll miss out on all the intermediate points. It will then come down to how he does on the final climb each day, with tomorrow's mountain top finish being the big one for him I would guess.

Last edited:
Or Pierre Rolland too. I suspect Quintana might be in too good a position in the GC to take it now, as he won't be allowed out and so he'll miss out on all the intermediate points. It will then come down to how he does on the final climb each day, with tomorrow's mountain top finish being the big one for him I would guess.

I think Rolland would have won it easy. If it wasn't for the tactical **** up by Eurocar and their tactics up Ventoux

I think Rolland would have won it easy. If it wasn't for the tactical **** up by Eurocar and their tactics up Ventoux

That was bizarre. He's picking up more useful points today though.

Last edited:
That was bizarre. He's picking up more useful points today though.
He collapsed towards the end though and narrowly lost out on the chance to overtake the mountain jersey. He's 1 point behind Froome.
otherwise more or less status quo today which is good news for Froome.

It's between Quintana and Froome for the polka dot now I'd say.
Well! Rolland is in a breakout AGAIN today and took vital points now and atm he has overtaken the lead for the polka dot. Riblon is also in that group.

Well! Rolland is in a breakout AGAIN today and took vital points now and atm he has overtaken the lead for the polka dot. Riblon is also in that group.

Mountain top finish today though, so double points at the finish. I would expect the main GC players will be those who are contesting the stage win, don't you think?

Last edited:
Mountain top finish today though, so double points at the finish. I would expect the main GC players will be those who are contesting the stage win, don't you think?
Probably. If they don't allow the break to go all the way. No main GC contenders upfront so maybe Rolland has a slim chance

Probably. If they don't allow the break to go all the way. No main GC contenders upfront so maybe Rolland has a slim chance

I would think Quintana might fancy a go at Contador, to see if he can nab second place. I noticed Movistar have been doing quite a bit of work on the front today, maybe setting him up for a go at it?

Fantastic win by Quintana today. Froome third so the young colombian takes the white and the polka dot jersey. Congratulations to both him and Froome. Contador ends up outside the podium

Fantastic win by Quintana today. Froome third so the young colombian takes the white and the polka dot jersey. Congratulations to both him and Froome. Contador ends up outside the podium

Yeah I enjoyed it today and Quintana absolutely deserved the stage I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669