Train help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcukcov

Got my tickets for tomorrow so its not a ticket question for a change. But Im going Nuneaton to Stafford then Stafford to Manchester. Does anyone know of any major problems/hold ups I might encounter on those journeys?

Got my tickets for tomorrow so its not a ticket question for a change. But Im going Nuneaton to Stafford then Stafford to Manchester. Does anyone know of any major problems/hold ups I might encounter on those journeys?

There's no disruption on that route at the moment, nor any anticipated disruption. The only major problem could be your not getting to the correct platform at Nuneaton, or later at Stafford.

What time are your trains?

There's no disruption on that route at the moment, nor any anticipated disruption. The only major problem could be your not getting to the correct platform at Nuneaton, or later at Stafford.

What time are your trains?

Nuneaton11:16 - Stafford 11:53
Stafford 12:30 - Mancheter Picc 13:39

Man Picc 17:06 - Stafford 18:03
Stafford 18:21 - Nuneaton 19-02.

Nuneaton11:16 - Stafford 11:53
Stafford 12:30 - Mancheter Picc 13:39

Man Picc 17:06 - Stafford 18:03
Stafford 18:21 - Nuneaton 19-02.

Your outward train from Nuneaton should leave from Platform 2.

Your change at Stafford should be same-platform - Platform 5

(Are your tickets specifically for the 12:30 from Stafford? If not there is also a 12:01 departure for Manchester which you could catch - same platform 5)

On your return journey, the 17:06 normally leavers from Platform 4 at Piccadilly. Again you should arrive at and leave from the same platform at Stafford - this time Platform 1.

Your outward train from Nuneaton should leave from Platform 2.

Your change at Stafford should be same-platform - Platform 5

(Are your tickets specifically for the 12:30 from Stafford? If not there is also a 12:01 departure for Manchester which you could catch - same platform 5)

On your return journey, the 17:06 normally leavers from Platform 4 at Piccadilly. Again you should arrive at and leave from the same platform at Stafford - this time Platform 1.

Yeh I am on that specific train on the stafford-manchester leg as I have a reserved seat.

Is that 12:01 into Man Picc? As I didn't see that one when I was booking.

Cheers on the platforms that should help.

Is that 12:01 into Man Picc? As I didn't see that one when I was booking.

Cheers on the platforms that should help.

Yes - the 12:01 from Stafford goes into Picc; it's a Cross Country train. If you were searching for a Nuneaton to Manchester journey, it probably didn't show the 12:01 because there will be a 'minimum interchange time' for Stafford and it fell outside the limit.

If you were travelling on other than an Advance ticket, you could use it despite having a seat reservation on a later train.

Having a reserved seat doesn't necessarily mean you have to use that train. It depends on the ticket type. With some tickets you have to go on the specified train, with others you don't.

Yes - the 12:01 from Stafford goes into Picc; it's a Cross Country train. If you were searching for a Nuneaton to Manchester journey, it probably didn't show the 12:01 because there will be a 'minimum interchange time' for Stafford and it fell outside the limit.

If you were travelling on other than an Advance ticket, you could use it despite having a seat reservation on a later train.

Its a standard advance ticket which i assume means I can't.

****ing shitty trains!! ARGH!!!!!!!

He must be really upset!

Ok I need some help please!!

Staying in Hull the satdee night but looking at the National Express back and they've changed the timetables so there isn't a coach in the afternoon anymore, but at 7.30 and 10am(feck that I don't want to be waking up til at least 9am!)

So instead will see how cheap I can get back on the trains but you lot are sooo much better at finding cheap cheap train tickets!!
Only looking at prices at mo cos I can't book me ticket til after Weds when my insurance cheque has cleared!

Last edited:
He must be really upset!

Staying in Hull the satdee night but looking at the National Express back and they've changed the timetables so there isn't a coach in the afternoon anymore, but at 7.30 and 10am(feck that I don't want to be waking up til at least 9am!)

So instead will see how cheap I can get back on the trains but you lot are sooo much better at finding cheap cheap train tickets!!
Only looking at prices at mo cos I can't book me ticket til after Weds when my insurance cheque has cleared!

If you go to the East Midlands Trains website and put the date/time in you should be able to find an advance single for £15.50, leaving on the 12:41 from Hull and changing at Sheffield and Derby.

If you go to the East Midlands Trains website and put the date/time in you should be able to find an advance single for £15.50, leaving on the 12:41 from Hull and changing at Sheffield and Derby.

... which is amazing because if you wanted to use the same trains for just the Sheffield to Leicester part of the journey, your minimum fare would be £21.50. That means they're giving you six quid to get out of Hull - bargain!

Bank holiday weekend and loads of coaches cancelled, particularly in the north of England and in Scotland - the afternoon coach does run on other Sundays. Don't worry though - as Jeff has already pointed out, it's cheaper on the train. Don't delay on booking the ticket any more than you have to, because that fare is subject to continuing availability.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Ipswich4492
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4569