Transfer deadline day

Status
Not open for further replies.
But now he's in Liverpool

Spanish journalist Guillem Balague on Twitter: "Torres is not flying to London. Still in Liverpool. Still negotiating... no deal yet."

i say leave Torres at the pewel

will **** them off more than getting £50m when he runs his contract down and is all mardy

BBC Sport's chief football writer Phil McNulty on Twitter: "Scenario unfolding is once Torres signs for Chelsea, Liverpool will close in on Carroll asking price. £35m will be gamble by Liverpool owners."

That's ****ing mental. £35m for Carroll? Are you having a laugh? Newcastle will be rubbing their hands together - if they have time to spend any of the money.

£35m? Crazy. £15m at most is what he's worth

BBC Sport's chief football writer Phil McNulty on Twitter: "Scenario unfolding is once Torres signs for Chelsea, Liverpool will close in on Carroll asking price. £35m will be gamble by Liverpool owners."

That's ****ing mental. £35m for Carroll? Are you having a laugh? Newcastle will be rubbing their hands together - if they have time to spend any of the money.

£35m? Crazy. £15m at most is what he's worth

He's definitely got potential, but that's just silly money. Too many times players have had one good season in the Prem and never been able to reperform it, and this looks like a huge gamble by Liverpool. Bent looks like a snip at £18m+ now.

david villa £34.2mil or carroll £35mil. tough choice

longer this window goes on for the more darren bent looks a bargain!

He's definitely got potential, but that's just silly money. Too many times players have had one good season in the Prem and never been able to reperform it, and this looks like a huge gamble by Liverpool. Bent looks like a snip at £18m+ now.

Carroll hasn't even had a good season in the prem yet...

"The Guardian and Telegraph are both reporting that Liverpool have met Newcastle's valuation for striker Andy Carroll."

Andy Reid has joined Blackpool possible replacement for Charlie Adam

Another question. A player can only play for 2 clubs in a season. Does this not include lean signings?

Whereas Paul Konchesky has signed for Forest on loan after having played for Fulham and Liverpool, Same for Davies having played for us and Villa but has gone to B'ham. :102:

According to R5L it was an emergency loan which is treated differently.

I reckon they make the rules up as they go along.

Last edited:
According to R5L it was an emergency loan which is treated differently.

It's due to international transfer rules.

Something similar happened with Mike Grella last week. He signed on loan for Motherwell from Leeds, then they realised the rules wouldn't allow it because he's already played for Leeds and Carlisle this season so he had to go back to Leeds. He's now likely to go on loan to another English club instead because that would be allowed.

£35 for Andy Carroll... have they actually watched him play? And £50m for a player who has been injured for about a year and a half and has only had a couple of good games recently.

Crazy.

£35 for Andy Carroll... have they actually watched him play? And £50m for a player who has been injured for about a year and a half and has only had a couple of good games recently.

Crazy.

If Andy Carroll is worth £35 million, I reckon I might be worth £250k or something, even just as an unused benchwarmer?

If you're worth £250k as an unused bench warmer I must be worth at least £50k as an unused bench.

And I would reckon on at least £5.99 for one of the screws.

The odds of Charlie Adam joining Man United have apparently been slashed. Have they hijacked Liverpool's bid?

Sky now saying it's £35m plus add ons. Could reach £40m......... for a player outscored by Nicky Maynard in the Championship.

You could buy 4 and a bit Van Der Vaarts for one Andy Carroll

Seriously this is the biggest waste of money I have ever seen. As already mentioned you could have got Villa cheaper, or Dzeko in the past year. Madness. Biggest flop since Anelka went to Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566