Transfer deadline day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky now saying it's £35m plus add ons. Could reach £40m......... for a player outscored by Nicky Maynard in the Championship.

Or a player who has outscored Rooney, Torres, Van Persie and Drogba this season. :icon_wink

You could buy 4 and a bit Van Der Vaarts for one Andy Carroll

Seriously this is the biggest waste of money I have ever seen. As already mentioned you could have got Villa cheaper, or Dzeko in the past year. Madness. Biggest flop since Anelka went to Madrid

It may not matter - current rumour is that Newcastle have rejected £35m.

W......T......F......?......!.....

It may not matter - current rumour is that Newcastle have rejected £35m.

W......T......F......?......!.....

Newcastle see it as a statement of being a big club I would imagine.

EDIT: oh and they know 'pool are desperate.

Last edited:
and i am aware Carroll is currently injured-but he was playing regularly until recently. Van Persie has just started finding form, as had Torres, Drogba has had malaria, Rooney the whole saga with Man City. All are in a different league to Carroll

Who is more stupid? Liverpool for bidding £35 million or Newcastle for rejecting it? I just can't decide

As said above, Newcastle know they're desperate so could easily walk away with an extra £7-8m for a player they'd be happy to sell at a lot less than the figures being discussed.

Or they may be stuck with a striker worth "more than £35m"....

and i am aware Carroll is currently injured-but he was playing regularly until recently. Van Persie has just started finding form, as had Torres, Drogba has had malaria, Rooney the whole saga with Man City. All are in a different league to Carroll

:icon_eek:

Woah...it wasn't a serious comment. I can see this is ridiculous as well as the next man can.

A few highlights from F365:

17.21: Presumably this means Newcastle will have no option to sell up. For a while there, it looked as if Liverpool had dodged a bullett. That they'd fired at themselves.

17.27: A collection of Scouse scallies are gathering around SSN's man outside Melwood. Kenny Dalglish said he was looking for signings that the club's fans can identify with. Looking at some of those scrotes, they may have got their man in Carroll.

17.43: David Craig saying there has been a lot of soul-searching in the Newcastle boardroom. Quite why is unclear - they're getting probably three times the market value for a player who could go to prison. Which is something Liverpool may have forgotten.

17:46: A sneak peak at a bit that will be appearing in tomorrow's Mediawatch for you now.

Said Andy Carroll in November: "I've signed a five-year contract and I'm delighted with that. This is the club and the city for me, and always will be. If somebody told me that I could stay here for my whole career then I would be delighted."

I think Carrol can/will do well for Liverpool.... he's just not worth anywhere near the £35/40m they're going to be paying.

They could probably get Aguero for that.... Or Adebayor, or maybe even Tevez...

Would he even be guaranteed first choice? Suarez is a better player. They'd be better off spending the rest of the Torres money on Ashley Young.

What happens if Torres deal falls through?
BBC pointed out as well that Carrol is injured and has had a few reoccuring problems with his thigh.... yet they're going to have to rush through a medical today

1835: Chelsea and Liverpool have agreed a fee for Fernando Torres and the player is now awaiting a medical, BBC understands.

How much? If Carroll is worth £35m then Torres has to be worth about £100m.... Which he's not, but interesting how Liverpool value players. Ronaldo would cost about £600m and Messi about £920m in Liverpool's world I think

1838: While speculation in Spain - and it is just speculation as far as I understand at present - is that Tottenham are closing in on a £30m deal for Villarreal striker Guiseppe Rossi.

1837: Reports in Portugal, meanwhile, suggest Chelsea have agreed a deal of around £25m for Benfica centre-back David Luiz.

A lot of money flying about! Spurs seem determined to spend £30m on a striker, and don't really care who... just preferably someone who plays in Spain

Dalglish has put in a bid of £7.50 for one of my turds.

The pile of shit is currently discussing terms with Liverpool and I believe offers better value for money than anything he gets from Newcastle.

Dalglish has put in a bid of £7.50 for one of my turds.

The pile of shit is currently discussing terms with Liverpool and I believe offers better value for money than anything he gets from Newcastle.

Would it get past the medical?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570