Twenty 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

CM

We are through :) Now we need to win the group.

I hope Lancashire go out tomorrow. If they win and results in other groups go their way, they could sneak into the lucky loser spot. As long as they are in the competition they provide a huge threat.

Lako42

do we play tonight

glyn

Great performance so far. Broad has the number 1 economy rate in the country.

Good to see Freddie amongst the runs for Lancs - a 47 today

glyn

Jeff said:
They were thrashed by Yorkshire though, so they won't go through to the quarter finals.

good news. They have a lot of senior players to come back so would be dangerous

Lako42

really hope we get a good crowd down grace road for the quarter. ill be down there, C'mon the foxes

glyn

Just hope we don't lose the toss - we've won 8 out of 8 so far and bat first every time! We're very good at that tactic but suffered in the semi against Somerset last year batting second

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
glyn said:
Just hope we don't lose the toss - we've won 8 out of 8 so far and bat first every time! We're very good at that tactic but suffered in the semi against Somerset last year batting second

Have they really won 8 out of 8 (256/1 chance of that happening!), or was it just the RL commentator getting it wrong?

A lot of teams like to bat second anyway, so they'd choose to do that if they'd won the toss.

flashyfox

It's not 8 out of 8 tosses we've won. It's 7 out of 7. Notts won the toss at Grace road first match but put us in to bat!! We've batted first eight times on the trot though.

CM

glyn said:
Great performance so far. Broad has the number 1 economy rate in the country.
Griffith has the most wickets in the competition too.

The thing I like about our side is that we have a lot of bowling options. If someone isn't performing then they don't have to bowl their four overs. If it isn't soin friendly then we don't have to use them. etc

Although still a bit unsure about our batting line up. Harrison and Mongia at 3 and 4 haven't set the world alight.

Roll on Kent. I don't think we could have picked an easier draw!

Lako42

kent arn't that bad although they lost their last game

flashyfox

glyn said:
True, but I suspect they would be wary of doing so against the Twenty 20 kings :icon_bigg after researching the earlier matches

The official Leics site thinks it's 8 from 8 as well:
http://www.leicestershireccc.co.uk/report-detail.asp?ReportID=346

Sorry Glyn but i think the official site is wrong! Have they teamed up with LCFC.com :icon_wink

Notts definitely won the toss in the first match of the 20/20. Check this link out:

http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/...7JUN2006/LEICS_NOTTS_TWENTY-20_27JUN2006.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669