Twenty20 2007 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the lccc site:

If Yorkshire Phoenix overcome Derbyshire Phantoms then they climb above the Foxes into third place because their have won more games. (if we get a point) :icon_conf

What's the point putting run rate in the tables if they're not going to use it - or is it only used to decide between teams who have won the same number of games? It's a bit unfair on teams who have only managed play in three of their eight matches.

Last edited:
County off 1 point each

Durham Notts off as well

Last edited:
What's the point putting run rate in the tables if they're not going to use it - or is it only used to decide between teams who have won the same number of games?

I presume so. But seems a tad unfair in this year's comp.

Somerset and Warwicks both doing OK, but not massive favourites.

Midlands/West/Wales Division: Northamptonshire v Somerset at Northampton - Jul 6, 2007
Northamptonshire won the toss and elected to bat first
Northamptonshire 93/5 (15.1/20 ov)
DJG Sales 41* JJ van der Wath 9* ID Blackwell 3.1-0-23-0 GM Andrew 4-0-26-1

Midlands/West/Wales Division: Warwickshire v Worcestershire at Birmingham - Jul 6, 2007
Worcestershire won the toss and elected to bat first
Worcestershire 108/5 (15.1/20 ov)
Kabir Ali 9* RJ Sillence 7* PL Harris 2.1-0-11-1 DL Maddy 2-0-14-1

what shit luck we've had. well pissed off. didn't even have a chance to get ourselves through in the last week.

It seems a very unsatisfactory way of being eliminated. I wouldnt mind if we had played shite and been thrashed but to have 5 NR in 8 games is rank.:icon_sad:

Might give certain cnuts at the county - wake-up call however. To keep relying on the 20Twenty is terrible management from the top.

I couldnt argue with that. It reminds me when the football team turn the F.A.Cup into something its not, just to deflect things away from a shite league season.

I couldnt argue with that. It reminds me when the football team turn the F.A.Cup into something its not, just to deflect things away from a shite league season.

It got my nose today to see an article in the Mercury. Moaning about the money lost because of the Twenty20 cancellations.

Well if they had got a decent overseas player, developed a couple more of the young lads and kept Maddy on. Maybe people would come down to the Sunday matches more. A full Twenty20 crowd equals the same amount of money as half a crowd at Sunday afternoon game I'd guess. The days of Mullally, Kumble, Kasper, Maddy, Habib - they had a decent team and I'd happily pop down at least every two weeks. Now with the half-team of Kolpaks, it's crap.

They moan about the lack of money to invest in a top line overseas player - well surely all these Kolpaks staying here have got cost some money? It's even more depressing that we can't attract a second choice player for the Aussie team - we seem to constantly go for West Indians, Pakistanis or Indians.

You've got it spot on Hazzman.

To have a season geared around 20/20 is absolutely ridiculous and I'm glad that we've been knocked out in that it will force some of the management to start answering some big questions and making tough decisions.

I might try and get down to see some real cricket next week, I may as well while I'm still unemployed anyway :icon_razz

only played 3 games and only 1 of them was 20 overs, having said that, the other 2 sides with good records in this competition Surrey and Somerset both played all 8 and still went out

Last edited:
to be fair the competition was a complete wash out and even if we won it again it wouldn't be anywhere near as good as the other 2 attempts.

shit tourney full stop this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570