twenty20 final

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Fine Win! Won by 23 runs
Never in doubt

I'm surprised how comfortable that was, It wasn't really in much doubt once we got off to a decent start and got their required RR up to 10. Broad, Snape and Henderson all bowled well.

I think we'll have to put another batsman in the final. Robinson or Harrison for Amjad. I'm not entirely comfortable with Allenby 3, Snape 5, Amjad 6

get the feck in. really wish i had managed to get a ticket now.

Cummins and Harrison in for Griffith and Amjad.

Don't really understand why we're dropping Griffith. Hes got so many wickets in this year's tournament! Cummins hasn't played a single 20/20 before!

We've put 177/2 on the board :D

Darren Maddy take a bow - 86*. Also Harrison 10*, Ackerman 11 and a great knock from Allenby, 64

Absolutely delighted :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I couldn't watch at one stage, they were 108/1 I think and had Fleming and Hussey well set but a poor shot and then a wise move from Snapey bring Broad back on, paid off. I was always confident from there and when Ealham was out I started celebrating really :)

The last ball could have been called a noball for height but to be fair, it was so wet out there it was hard to control the ball. If the game had stopped earlier for rain as it should have been, we would have won comfortably on DuckworthLewis.

Well played lads :)

Joint MOM - Maddy and Allenby

Odd decision to play Cummins, he almost cost us the game tbh.

Here are some stats.
Maddy 107 runs SR:129 (1 not out)
Allenby 80 runs SR:154
Ackerman 75 runs SR:125
Nixon 57 runs SR:173 (1 not out)
Snape 10 runs SR:200
Harrison 10 runs SR:143 (1 not out)

Broad 8-0-41-2 Econ:5.125
Snape 7-0-43-5 Econ:6.14
Griffith 4-0-31-1 Econ:7.75
Henderson 7-0-59-2 Econ:8.43
Maddy 3-0-27-1 Econ:9
Masters 4-0-38-0 Econ:9.5
Allenby 4-0-39-3 Econ:9.75
Cummins 3-0-40-0 Econ:13.33

:038:
CM said:
Absolutely delighted :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I couldn't watch at one stage, they were 108/1 I think and had Fleming and Hussey well set but a poor shot and then a wise move from Snapey bring Broad back on, paid off. I was always confident from there and when Ealham was out I started celebrating really :)

The last ball could have been called a noball for height but to be fair, it was so wet out there it was hard to control the ball. If the game had stopped earlier for rain as it should have been, we would have won comfortably on DuckworthLewis.

Well played lads :)

Joint MOM - Maddy and Allenby

Odd decision to play Cummins, he almost cost us the game tbh.

it were ****ing brillianr, good bit of banter, like you CM thought we'd lost it at that stage, cummins was terrible...but the right result and got to meet martin johnson too

cummins was fecking woeful.
well done foxes!

Well well! What an amazing feckin day i had yesterday. Couldn't have scripted it better myself. Managed to see most of the Leics v Essex game at Trent Bridge, left with about 5 overs to go when we had it in the bag. Got to the Walkers with 2 minutes till kick off so that worked out well. (well done to my old man for breaking the speed limit and going through a few 'just turned red' lights). Much improved performance from city and right result! Back to Trent Bridge to see Mr Twenty20 (Darren Maddy) and Jimmy Allenby post a great total for the foxes. Broady did his bit with the ball and we held on for a great victory again!

I felt it was a bizarre decision to play Cummins as well. Why not Griffith and if not him Walker should have played ahead of Cummins. Anyway doesn't matter the cup is ours!!!!!!! Got to shake Snapeys and Ackermans hands at the end so rounded it off nicely. What made it all the more sweeter was my Notts fans mates left me to celebrate and then i joined them in the bar later to rub it in!!

1 day, 3 games 3 wins. Does it get any better. Oh yeah i guess it does. Back home in Nottingham climbed in to bed to discover my girlfriend was feeling a bit randy!!!! happy days! :icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669