Vardy For England!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the 5-3 win against Man. U. I read a comment from a bitter Utd. fan where he slagged Vardy off called him crap and said that he would be playing for some League 1 team by the middle of next season. I wonder what he has to say now.

Since most Utd fans don't speak English as a first language we'll probably never know.

As for Vardy,well when the call-up was rumoured a few days ago I dismised it as bullshit & probably wasn't the only one.

Have to be pleased for him despite the mitigating factors (England being utter shit & the PL being piss poor this season) Non-league to full international squad in 3 years is one hell of an achievement.Has it ever been done that fast?

So yet another step-up for the lad to make.I wouldn't put it past him.Every season he's played he's been criticised on here & elsewhere for not being up to it & then after a while he gets used to the higher level & starts to perform.Got to admire that.

& since his call-up is against the Irish in a pointless friendly & a pile of crap in the biggest joke of a qualifying group in the history of football he might be worth a punt as a goalscorer bet too since he'll actually be playing against a lower standard of opposition than he's used to in the Prem.

A reason to watch what would otherwise have been utterly insipid shit.

I hope he actually gets a run-out. Could be his only chance.

Bound to.Everyone gets on in a friendly these days.It's like the games we played at break time at school.If there were too many kids we just played 13 a side.

To be fair to him, he's currently in better form than Rooney, Welbeck, and Austin.

If we are struggling to believe his call up, I wonder what Vardy himself is thinking!! For those of you who can remember, this is 'Roy of the Rovers' stuff, all he needs to do now is score on his debut to make it perfect .

Doesn't Charlie Austin come from a non league background as well?
If so, that wasn't many years ago either.

All the millions spent in academies, get down to Hackney Marshes instead ;)

Doesn't Charlie Austin come from a non league background as well?
If so, that wasn't many years ago either.

All the millions spent in academies, get down to Hackney Marshes instead ;)

Austin was at Poole Town before Swindon signed him, getting up at 5am everyday to go to qork as a bricklayer.

Incredible. In the last few matches he has been sensational for us. Despite the fact that he hasn't scored a hat full of goals, his work rate and endeavour are better than anything I have ever seen. It is also his ability to create for others that is a real asset (same number of assists as Eden Hazard this season (8). Whether he can perform on the international stage, who knows but a massive congratulations to the lad. This really is fairy tale stuff.

Well Done to Vardy.

Vardy is the sort of player that other strikers will love to play with. He will keep defenders busy and that will create space to be exploited.

Mike McCarthy retweeted

Daniel Taylor ‏@DTguardian · 54 minutes ago

Jamie Vardy: only player to score against FC United of Manchester and Manchester United in their career.

Not true apparently (although widely being stated). I've just read (and checked) that Anthony Pilkington did it too, for Atherton Collieries and Norwich.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566