Vardy For England!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also highlights whats wrong with English football.I've been reading that "released at 16 for being too small" line for 40 years & more.Even after all the supposed progress in coaching methods etc we still focus on producing athletes rather than footballers.

Messi would probably have been released by Doncaster if he'd been English.This is why England will never win anything.

Roy Hodgson in the Press Conference, part of which they just shown on BBC1, said he watched Jamie when he was still playing for Fleetwood.
I exoect Nuge has imparted his great England experience on his teammate.

Also highlights whats wrong with English football.I've been reading that "released at 16 for being too small" line for 40 years & more.Even after all the supposed progress in coaching methods etc we still focus on producing athletes rather than footballers.

Messi would probably have been released by Doncaster if he'd been English.This is why England will never win anything.

Except that Messi was also told the same thing when he was young.

Except that Messi was also told the same thing when he was young.

Entirely different.Messi had a growth hormone deficiency.River Plate didn't want to pay for his medical treatment as it was an expensive investment for a youth player.Barca on the other hand felt it was money well spent as his talent was never in doubt.In fact they went so far as to make it a condition of his contract that he moved to Spain so he could be monitored closely.All this for a 12 year old.Illustrates the difference in attitude I reckon.

He was defending his disabled friend against bullies. Not quite in the same league as 'allegedly' the attempted murder of the mother of your child.

I wasn't having a go at Vardy, I was surprised it hadn't come out before now

I wasn't having a go at Vardy, I was surprised it hadn't come out before now
I've read it before quite some time ago. Can't remember where. Maybe in here too.

Brilliant interview in telegraph, shows a very different side to Vards, also shows the massive influence Pearson and his team have had in shaping his career over these past 3 seasons.

As for the mirror piece, typical tabloid shite, only in this country can such a story of a player going from non league to international stage in 3 years be focused on in a negative way, go on Jamie lad go show these football snobs what your all about. We are proud of you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566