Vardy Racism Row

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets hope so, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Sun hasn't got more stuff, drip drip drip.

This matter is now not shaping well at all. It's already been blown up beyond all proportion. Hopefully there will be no surprises left in the story and it will start to fade away... otherwise Leicester City will be the big losers. They would be best served by cutting Vardy some slack.

The term 'Jap' has been used countless times by the tabloid media....it's daft to hammer Vardy.

Which is why you could argue the 3 kids were hard done by.
But I wouldn't............anyone stupid enough to want to film their mates having sex on a club tour, in a hotel owned by our owners, treating the call girls with absolute contempt and then sharing it with the wide world deserves all they got IMO.

Matt could and seems determined to do just that [emoji1]
I'm just pissed off at the message that it sends. Our clubs image is more important than victims of abuse. If Simpson had been sacked as well then I'd at least he happy there was some consistency. Had the players been first team stars then I would put my mortgage on the fact that they wouldn't have been sacked. And that's wrong.

I am surprised that Simpson is still in the Squad and not conveniently forced out on loan. Unless there is some legal loophole in his contract he is exploiting, but his conviction easily falls within the 'bringing the club into disrepute' catch-all. I am just glad we have not been tempted by the likes of Balotelli and Barton.

I'm just pissed off at the message that it sends. Our clubs image is more important than victims of abuse. If Simpson had been sacked as well then I'd at least he happy there was some consistency. Had the players been first team stars then I would put my mortgage on the fact that they wouldn't have been sacked. And that's wrong.

The club's been consistently expedient.

Had the players been first team stars then I would put my mortgage on the fact that they wouldn't have been sacked. And that's wrong.

And I would bet 100% that the owners would have done exactly the same regardless of who they were. In fact, if they had been well-known regular first team players it is even more positive they would have been moved on because of the increased bad publicity.

And I would bet 100% that the owners would have done exactly the same regardless of who they were. In fact, if they had been well-known regular first team players it is even more positive they would have been moved on because of the increased bad publicity.
Then explain why Simpson wasn't moved on? Or Vardy?

Difficult to find very much in common between the two cases - and for that matter the Simpson case.

It would have been grossly disproportionate to punish Vardy more severely. In fact I think has has been too severely punished as it is. However, if this was needed to shut up the football powers that be and placate the politically correct lobby (which it won't) then so be it.

Then explain why Simpson wasn't moved on? Or Vardy?

What Simpson did was much, much worse. The inaction here, for the sake of a second string full-back of all things, tells the story of where the club is really at.

Simple. Their behaviour, although reprehensible, is simply not on the same scale in terms of the disgust and the shame it brought on the club.
So it's the reaction of the media that they were sacked for? You'll never convince me that what they did was worse than Simpson. We'll just have to go our separate ways believing the other to be very naive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669