Vardy Racism Row

Status
Not open for further replies.

TangledUpInBlue

Excused because he's thick? Post 54, para 4. the most recent
I am trying to make the point that the word Jap is used in the media and not considered racist by all. In time it may evolve into being considered so. I said earlier in the post that my sister-in-law jokingly called me a Pommie B*****d, Had that phrase been spat out venomously then it could be considered racist. It is into this grey area that the supremely stupid Vardy has put himself.
I think that the front page of a national daily is an over reaction but I do not excuse him his behaviour. He is an international footballer and in the media spotlight. It reflects badly on the club, and so soon after the Thailand incident. I hope the club deal with it appropriately.

David Gwilliam

At the Twin Towers? sickos! If we all had no fun when something shit happens in the world then there'd be a ban on fun.....obviously there's more to the story?

A hotel near Heathrow was full of Americans stranded because of 9-11. Frank Sinclair was there with some former Chelsea team mates. They were very drunk and abusive toward the Americans and it was claimed that they jeered about 9-11. The players involved seemed to admit they were completely drunk but denied laughing about 9-11. The feeling at the time was that they were too drunk to recall what they did. Since 9-11 was the reason Americans were at the hotel most people found it difficult to believe the abusive players tactfully ignored it.

Claudio Ranieri fined the Chelsea players two weeks wages . I seem to recall Leicester doing the same with Sinclair. The Chelsea fines were donated to 9-11 charities.

Frank Sinclair was the father of a young child at the time. I recall there was criticism of him choosing to spend the afternoon getting drunk with Chelsea former team mates rather than be at home bringing up his child.

Macky

Gruntled Member
Why would Frank Sinclair have been there?
Never mind bothering about details like that, you're supposed to be expressing some faux outrage and moral indignation about it. They're role models for the youth of the nation, did you know that? It's no wonder the country is ****ed.
Do try to keep up Stickman

Miles Away

then I am racist then as I call the Japanese jap's regularly.

Nah. You are using a racist term but that doesn't make you a racist. Just someone who hasn't been made aware of the issue with the word. If you still use it after now being exposed to the truth of it...well then you might be a bit of a racist.

I would recommend discontinuing use of the term and replace it with Japanese.

Discourse is healthy.

fitz

Frank Sinclair was the father of a young child at the time. I recall there was criticism of him choosing to spend the afternoon getting drunk with Chelsea former team mates rather than be at home bringing up his child.

I can imagine, was this criticism from the missus? Weve all been there like....but it's from experiences like this that helps us men learn that's there's no life away from the home once you have kids.

Lako42

2 things I can't stand , racists and Asians.

Blue Maniac

Alzheimers sufferer
Never mind bothering about details like that, you're supposed to be expressing some faux outrage and moral indignation about it. They're role models for the youth of the nation, did you know that? It's no wonder the country is ****ed.
I'm now trying to calculate the correct level of outrage for something that may or may not have happened fourteen years ago.

Jenks

Sexist. Stick person who happens to wear a pink ribbon.

Macky

Gruntled Member
Nah. You are using a racist term but that doesn't make you a racist. Just someone who hasn't been made aware of the issue with the word. If you still use it after now being exposed to the truth of it...well then you might be a bit of a racist.

I would recommend discontinuing use of the term and replace it with Japanese.

Discourse is healthy.
What exactly is the "issue" with the word? Nobody has actually outlined that yet. I require exposure to the shocking truth about this word.
Who's getting offended by it? Is it the Japs, or is people getting offended on behalf of the Japs?

SJN-Fox

Basically, a Premier League footballer (on £45k a week) has used a word which The Sun also uses on a regular basis however, they felt that on this occasion they needed to make a headline out of it in order to claim that the player was racist and to add further to our racist reputation as a club. It would appear that when they use it though it's a humorous play on words to make a funny headline. In other words it a load of tabloid bollocks that shouldn't have even been given air time. No-one appeared to have been offended until The Sun told them that it was offensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669