Speculation Vardy to Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.
My view: very serious blow, but when you've won us the league you're entitled to do what the **** you want.

Close the Musa deal ASAP

My view: very serious blow, but when you've won us the league you're entitled to do what the **** you want.

Close the Musa deal ASAP

Agreed. How we finish first and still get no respect...shows the footballing big four are still in control. We must show them that times are changing.

On a side note I think Wilshere is off to Man city...fingers crossed!

Agreed. How we finish first and still get no respect...shows the footballing big four are still in control. We must show them that times are changing.

On a side note I think Wilshere is off to Man city...fingers crossed!

Another team bid for one of our players at the value inserted in to his contract. I don't see any disrespect there.

One thing is I'm sure like Paolo di Canio and Ashley Young, his reputation will go before him and I wouldn't expect him to win anything like the number of pens next season he has this year.

send Wasyl to the england training camp to knock some sense in him. imo Arsenal have planned this at a time where he is secluded from his "brothers" knowing Woy will insist the deal done quick therefore stopping more suitable "elite "clubs moving in Vardy although pleased withthe financial aspects must realise his style of play will not fit in there,or indeed his favourite pastime (going to the pub) wont mix well with that dressing room crazy move Jamie

The way some of the fans are reacting online is scandalous.
I have found this to be a reoccurring theme in the world. People can be complete wankers for no obvious reason.

The way some of the fans are reacting online is scandalous.

Agreed. He's one of the best players I've ever seen in a Leicester shirt, maybe even then best.

If he goes I'll be gutted, but absolutely no ill feelings from me. He's a club legend, he was the talisman to our club's greatest ever achievement. He gave us memories that will live with us til the day we die.

Gutted, but people directly slagging him and his wife off is just madness. Hope we all give him a massive round of applause for what he achieved at the club when he comes back next season (assuming he signs etc.).

When we were an average team, trying to better ourselves, we would have good players that could move on to more successful clubs and further their careers. We were not a 'selling' club but players did leave for progress.

We are now a good team/squad/club. How come our better players are now looking to go elsewhere? It seems we are more likely to lose quality players now than we were last season.

When we were an average team, trying to better ourselves, we would have good players that could move on to more successful clubs and further their careers. We were not a 'selling' club but players did leave for progress.

We are now a good team/squad/club. How come our better players are now looking to go elsewhere? It seems we are more likely to lose quality players now than we were last season.

Atletico Madrid and Borussia Dortmund had their stars of their title winning campaigns bought from them against their will and they are much bigger clubs than us.

Liverpool and ManUtd had Suarez and Ronaldo taken from them even.

It's football. People are getting ahead of themselves thinking because we won the league we were suddenly one of "the big boys" who wouldn't lose their players.

Atletico Madrid, Sevilla and Southampton have all shown you can quickly recover from selling your star players though so this doesn't mean we can't continue doing well.

I don't think of us as one of 'The Big Boys' but I'd think the players are more likely to stay after what we did this season.

Fair point tho on what you said regarding the other teams losing players.

Gutted TBH, if he leaves. Difficult to replace (unless this is the reason for Musa ((sp)).

The social media outrage from Leicester fans is pretty embarrassing. Seems like a few will forget everything he's done if he leaves.

This is all written with the caveat that Vardy isn't confirmed an Arse player yet.

To be honest, this entire episode makes me fall out of love with football a touch.

I genuinely thought that our achievements this year might just change the game a bit. But here we are a month later and normal business has resumed. England selecting big names from big clubs and the likes of Arsenal picking the bones out of our side. I naively thought that the accomplishments this team managed, the closeness of the squad, Champions League football, the support many of them have received from the club, the superb fans and the presence of Claudio might be enough to keep the vultures at bay.

On the one hand it makes our achievement this year all the more remarkable and special...on the other we see that it doesn't appear to have had any impact on the larger game.

While I can understand Vardy leaving, if he does, I doubt he has any idea that his decision is basically confirming the status quo that he so brilliantly disrupted this year.

Between that and this farcical England squad, I don't know...its just disappointing, isn't it?

All in all. Meh.

I will never forget what he did as a player, however if and at the moment it is a big if, he does leave to join Arsenal, I will also lose a lot of respect for him, he has just signed a bumper new contract and stated he would not be leaving and encouraged his team mates to do the same to then potentially jump ship at the earliest opportunity and please nobody defend him with the "it's a short career" he will earn a minimum £4m per year on his current contract more money than most if not all will earn in our lifetime.

Anyhow let's hope it's all bullshite and he is leading us on our charge for champions league glory, but if he does go I will not be wishing him all the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669