Vat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
I see the chancellor is set to reduce VAT from 17.5% to 15%. Anyone else think this is like pissing in the ocean? Big deal. I can't see many retailers even bothering adjusting the price on lower value items, they'll surely just trouser the difference??

Whats peoples thoughts??

I see the chancellor is set to reduce VAT from 17.5% to 15%. Anyone else think this is like pissing in the ocean? Big deal. I can't see many retailers even bothering adjusting the price on lower value items, they'll surely just trouser the difference??

Whats peoples thoughts??

Might be worth shopping at Macro :102::icon_lol:

Whats peoples thoughts??

Coincidently I am at this very minute awaiting a phone call giving me instructions as to how to changes the VAT rate on our cash registers in anticipation of this announcement.

Coincidently I am at this very minute awaiting a phone call giving me instructions as to how to changes the VAT rate on our cash registers in anticipation of this announcement.

It will cost high street retailers god knows how much to re price their entire chains. I just cant see many of them bothering in the short term.

If this goes through we'll be right up shit creek, we need to shoulder the debt now. Labour couldn't give a monkey's now, they know they will lose the next election and are just trying to palm off any tough decisions onto the next Government. Wankers.

Over £150k a year but I think this is only to be introduced should labour be relected, which I cant see.

I think they will get in again but I'm not bothered who is in charge anymore,haven't been for about 15 years

If this goes through we'll be right up shit creek, we need to shoulder the debt now. Labour couldn't give a monkey's now, they know they will lose the next election and are just trying to palm off any tough decisions onto the next Government. Wankers.

Are we not up shitcreek already ?

What are you all going to do with your 2.5p in the £1? I just can't decide wether to save it or 'pump it back in to the economy'. Pathetic.

will beer, wine or fuel drop in price? will it bollocks, do something worthwhile you spineless gimp. scrap all council tax for next year.

Are we not up shitcreek already ?

We are which is why I can't understand how, effectively, borrowing even more is going to help us. One way or another we will have to pay back our debt and all this move will do is defer the payment until a later date, by which time the debt will be far bigger.

From what I understand the Tories will be opposing this idea for that very reason.

We are which is why I can't understand how, effectively, borrowing even more is going to help us. One way or another we will have to pay back our debt and all this move will do is defer the payment until a later date, by which time the debt will be far bigger.

From what I understand the Tories will be opposing this idea for that very reason.

I gather the rise in income tax for the high earners will cover the borrowing.Can't quite see how it will be enough myself but :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669